Contraception Options

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hiya,

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but was just wondering, what contractception your now on since having LO's, i was on the pill microguygen(green packet) and i got pregnant on it, at my 6 week check up, i want to get some sort of protection, but i dunno what to use?! Im scared of going back on Micro, i cant have depo as i gained so much weight with that, and i dont want the rod

Just wndering what everyone else went on?! xxx

When you say the rod, do you mean the implant??

Are you thinking of something long term?? If so you have the coil and the mirena coil( i have this and it is fab:) Last 5 years:)

If you want something not as permanant what about the Evra patch? Works like a pill in its system, you have a patch on for a week( like a nicotine patch which you can stick on you legs, bum back etc )
so 3 weeks on a patch and then a week break :)

Hope this helps somewhat :)

I have the Mirena in. I love it so far, I haven't had bleeding outside my periods or cramping or any of the things some ladies report with it. I actually get no cramps before my AF, I have a short period (2 days) and it's very light (only need to use liners- pad would be too much, as would a tampon- and tampons aren't recommended anyway). And my period comes on the right day all the time <3

I have the Mirena in. I love it so far, I haven't had bleeding outside my periods or cramping or any of the things some ladies report with it. I actually get no cramps before my AF, I have a short period (2 days) and it's very light (only need to use liners- pad would be too much, as would a tampon- and tampons aren't recommended anyway). And my period comes on the right day all the time <3

Same:) 3days was my last one and like you just needed a liner, best contraception i've had so far, and i've tried 6:wacko:

I haven't got pregnant with the Mirena yet :rofl:... I did get pregnant on the BCP (combo pill). I think Mirena is meant to be as effective as sterilization but not permanent- up to 5 years. That's why I went with it.

I'm on microgynon but the pill really doesn't agree with me since having a baby. My GP wants me to have the mirena but I'm just not sure about it, i've read a few horror stories.

I'm on microgynon but the pill really doesn't agree with me since having a baby. My GP wants me to have the mirena but I'm just not sure about it, i've read a few horror stories.

like what hun...i'm curious :)

can I jump in the thread and just ask you girls with the coil about the tampon issue- are they completely a no no then? i want to have one fitted but this is putting me off..

Yeah i mean the implament, i dont want anything that has to be fished out of my skin after, my mate had this and she is now left with a dirty huge scar, didnt put her off as she got another one, but not for me, im scraed of needles, but that patch sounds good though xxx

Kiree i see you are in the UK, over here the doctors don't mention not using tampons although it is not recommended in the first few weeks, you need to let the coil settle:)

I have used tampons with the coil when it was heavier, but like i said they are almost non existant now :)

https://www.patient.co.uk/health/Intrauterine-Device-(The-Coil).htm

Here's some info for you x x

Has anyone used the injection? I have the same problem - got pregnant on micro so need an alternative. How do they fit the merina?
Im intrigued but i dnt like the idea of being stuck with it for 5 years. What are the downsides to it?
Im interested in the injection tho, what are other peoples experiences with it? x

I hated the injextion, i am scared of needles anyway, but it made me gain so much weight i went from being a size 8-10 to a size 16 in 6 months and i never changed the way i ate, i just balloned on it and i never lost the weight totally, i finally got down to a size 12 but never 8-10 again xxx

It was horrible, i no a few people who went on injection and put on so much weight but never changed there diet or anything but everyone is different though xxx

i loved the implant implanon it was in and forgotten about. never gained weight but did spot all the time! xx

I have just had the implant put in yesterday, will let you know how it goes. I picked it cause I don't have to remember to take a tablet or go for another jab. I can forget for 3 years...hopefully

I have the implant in my arm :) i hate it i get no periods and i have no sex drive with it at all :(

I must say i found i lost my sex drive a bit with it xx

Has anyone used the injection? I have the same problem - got pregnant on micro so need an alternative. How do they fit the merina?
Im intrigued but i dnt like the idea of being stuck with it for 5 years. What are the downsides to it?
Im interested in the injection tho, what are other peoples experiences with it? x

Mirena -- they put a speculum in at the doctor's office, and insert it through your cervix. I had misoprostol prescribed to me off label to insert there.. to help soften my cervix.. you can have it out before 5 years. You can have it out whenever you feel like having it out, but it is good for UP TO 5 years. And apparently the longer you leave it in, the more effective it is. So more effective at 4 years than it was at 6 months for example.

Upsides - can take your period away totally or just improve it (cramps, flow, regulate it), is highly effective, and pretty much foolproof, no pills to forget or anything like that.

Downsides - some people have bleeding/cramping/spotting in combinations of that for weeks after having it inserted, the copper coil can make your cramps worse and your bleeding heavier (Mirena is not the copper coil), and of course there are other more rare occurances.. but those are the main criticisms of it.

Some people love it, some hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->