contraception whilst bf?

J

JayleighAnn

I'm really unsure on what contraception to use after bubs is born as I'll be (fingers crossed it goes ok) breast feeding.

I know I can use the mini-pill, but I'm not sure if I'll remember to take it at the same time every day.

Anyone have any experience with a coil?

I've been thinking about this because as a rule I've always just used condoms and it's worked quite well for me. I really don't want to take the pill as my mum and sister both reacted badly to it so I don't want to risk it. I think I need to have a good talk with my GP about my options!

I hope you get some answers.

My friend was in agony with the coil, it sounds nasty! How about the implant?

I tried the mini pill after Katelyn and could never take it on time, so gave up after 2 weeks and conceived Lily!

I had the mirena coil put in in April 2008, when Lily was 7 weeks old. I bled for 3 months, then it stopped completely. However, my coil moved in December 2008 and I bled pretty much non stop until I had it removed in February 2009. We decided to try for #4 next year so I wanted it removed so my cycles could get back to normal and I was sick of being on constantly, it really wore me out. I've got a tilted womb so that's why they think my coil dislodged, it has happened to my Mum and 2 Aunties too, who have got the tilted womb issue too.

I do recommend the coil, it didn't interfere with breastfeeding at all and the time I had when I wasn't bleeding at all was brilliant!

My friend was in agony with the coil, it sounds nasty! How about the implant?

It lasts for 3 years, and that seems a bit long

My mum has the coil and it fell out, which makes me sceptical about it

mini pill seems the best idea

dont know if u can use it while bf, but theres always the patch for ladies who forget to take the pill every day aat same time

Iv had the implant it and it was great. No sideaffects and verry rearly had af and the plus side is it lasts for 3 years but you can get it taken out sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->