Contraception?

I was on the pill for 10 years then fell pregnant! Thought it was bad luck so went back on (using condoms aswell) and the one night we didn't have a condom we used the pull out method and STILL fell pregnant!!

So I'm def coming off the pill...

I was on the pill for years, and it was only when I came off it to TTC that I realised how much it affected me - my mood and my sex drive both improved a lot! :winkwink: I decided not to go back to it, so we use condoms instead.

The only 1 of those I object to is the coil - it bothers me that the egg is fertilised but not allowed to implant, whereas the others the egg is not fertilised. Feels a little wrong to me, much as I know I'm being silly! :dohh:

I was on the pill for years, and it was only when I came off it to TTC that I realised how much it affected me - my mood and my sex drive both improved a lot! :winkwink: I decided not to go back to it, so we use condoms instead.

The only 1 of those I object to is the coil - it bothers me that the egg is fertilised but not allowed to implant, whereas the others the egg is not fertilised. Feels a little wrong to me, much as I know I'm being silly! :dohh:

It's not silly to feel uncomfortable about that, but that's not what happens. I researched into the copper coil before getting it (I'm not sure what the mirena does but I assume it's similar but with hormones) the primary function of the copper coil is to stop fertilisation, the copper released changes the fluids so that sperm dies before reaching the egg. Nothing is 100% and on the rare chance an egg is fertilised, yes, the coil will stop implantation, so obviously this can happen, but does not happen every month, so I can understand why someone may object if it can possibly happen without you able to do anything between fertilisation and implantation.

The coil can be used similarly to the morning after pill in that they will insert it after unprotected sex as a way of stopping implantation, but as I say primarily it is designed to stop fertilisation.

But I don't think it's silly to feel uncomfortable about it, it would me too if I thought it could happen every month, I am extremely fertile and have fallen pregnant both times I have had unprotected sex so it really would nt sit well with me :flower:

It's not silly to feel uncomfortable about that, but that's not what happens. I researched into the copper coil before getting it (I'm not sure what the mirena does but I assume it's similar but with hormones) the primary function of the copper coil is to stop fertilisation, the copper released changes the fluids so that sperm dies before reaching the egg. Nothing is 100% and on the rare chance an egg is fertilised, yes, the coil will stop implantation, so obviously this can happen, but does not happen every month, so I can understand why someone may object if it can possibly happen without you able to do anything between fertilisation and implantation.

The coil can be used similarly to the morning after pill in that they will insert it after unprotected sex as a way of stopping implantation, but as I say primarily it is designed to stop fertilisation.

But I don't think it's silly to feel uncomfortable about it, it would me too if I thought it could happen every month, I am extremely fertile and have fallen pregnant both times I have had unprotected sex so it really would nt sit well with me :flower:

Thanks - didn't realise that. Still don't feel it's for me, but feel like I know more about it now. :flower:

I have the Mirena IUD. And don't have any real complaints. The first few months, I'd kind of have like a one day period and they were irregular but that seems to have stopped. I still get some of the emotional BS associated with periods, which sucks, but none of the mess, which is great! And I like the fact that I don't have to actively think about it, too. In about 4 more years, the clinic will send me a reminder to have it removed and/or replaced.

I didn't want to do the pill because of how easy it would be to miss some and have a whoopsie. I've had the patch and was always paranoid about it coming loose. And I've heard too many horror stories about reactions both the depo shot and the arm implant thingy.

For me, pulling out would only be an option if we were NTNP, definitely not for active prevention!

Could have written this myself! :thumbup:

We used to just use condoms. I didn't like them, so once I was a few months into Loestrin 24 and DH became more comfortable with it, we just relied on the pill.

Was on that for about a year and a half and then went off for ttc & conceived 2 months later.

Almost 2 months after LO was born, went on mini pill (micronor). Had 1 period and then stopped having periods on it. Stopped in March & didn't realize how it lowered my sex drive. I thought it was just from having an infant, but after a few weeks off of it, sex drive skyrocketed.

Now we just have to decide what we're going to next.

Right now we are using the pill, but before we had our baby we used the pull out method when not trying but not preventing (if you know what I mean). For what it is worth, it actually worked for us as I didn't get pregnant until we got careless!

I've been on most contraceptives. I actually preferred the injection but the no hormones and the fear of fertility being (even more) harder to have a baby I came off it.

I currently use rivigdon (microgyon basically) which I seem to be okay on, except no sex drive. So at the end of this pill back I am switching to cezarette which I'm not looking forward to either since my last time using it wasn't great but that was about 4 yeses ago so body May have changed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->