Contraception?

vickyandchick

Mum of boys
Reaction score
Hi all:flower:

So I'm almost due my 6 week checkup and I still don't know what contraception to use.
I was on the pill and LOVED it; I actually lost weight, no acne, lighter periods- then I fell pregnant on it:dohh: And now there is no way I'd be able to remember to take it everyday :(
I was just wondering what you all are using (if any) and your experiences, thanks in advance! :D

i got the nexplannon implant. I have had no problems with it but my arm was really bruised when i had it put in and i believe it will be the same when it comes out. I get some light bleeding every 8 weeks For a few days but thats it.

Ive had the Depo Provera shot now 3x (you get it every 3 months) and the only downside ive seen to it, is that i put a little weight back on that i had lost after baby was born...the upside...i havent had a period since the first month of getting it (which was my ultimate goal..muahahhahaha)...we had troubles getting pregnant and this will be our only..so the "takes about a year for your fertility to get back to normal" doesnt really matter to us either...but go with what works for you of course :flower:

My husband and I are going to use condoms only. Hopefully we manage because even my doctor practically laughed su me when I told her.

My husband and I are just using the "pull out method." Lol. I am breastfeeding too, and hopefully don't get pregnant again for a while, but if we do, oh well. This was our method for two years before we had Aurora, because we always figured if I got pregnant we would make due. Then we started actively trying to get pregnant, and a month later I was, so hopefully it will prove effective this time as well.

I'm still really not sure I was adamant I was having the coil as LO was going to be our one and only but have since changed my mind as I am pretty sure I would like another :dohh:

I've had the implant before and that was great but don't fancy keeping it in for three years so may opt for the pill until we make a final decision if LO gets a little brother or sister x

I've got the copper coil because I wanted to avoid synthetic hormones. Having it inserted is a bit uncomfortable and my periods are a tiny bit heavier for a couple days but other than that I love it. We will be looking to ttc in about 3 years and I will just have it removed then xx

Condoms. I really hate idea of anything else. Husband commented how much he likes the new ones-Durex extra sensitive.

I just got the patch last week. You change it once a week for three weeks, then don't wear one and that's when you get your period

I had the implanon (the little rod in your arm) and I bled for the entire time I was on it. So just over 6 months total. I also fell pregnant on it. However I think I'm just one of those people who fall into the minimal percentage for everything. My epidural didn't even work when I was giving birth. So I figured any type of implant, patch (not even going to attempt the depo shot, ick), wouldn't be right for me. I'm now on the mini pill since I'm ebf. It has made me quite moody but I'm only in the first week so my body needs time to adjust. Only problem with it is, you do have to take it at the same time, every day. I'm horrid with taking pills too, so I downloaded an app that tells me when I need to take it. It's quite cute. It has a little widget that's like the pill packet. Just find what's right for you :)

I have had implanon once and naxplanon twice. Never bled on inplanon (before kids) bled about once on nexplanon after my first then a small bit of bleeding second time, but I hardly had it in to tell! Next time I need contraception I'll probably get the implant again.

We knew straight away that we'd be back on condoms. Worked perfectly for us for 11 years, but then again took nearly 2 years to get pregnant to begin with.

We used condoms for 10 years before trying to get pregnant and those worked fine, but I don't really like how they feel. I got the mirena iud after having my daughter, but I cramped horribly and bled the entire time I had it. Got that removed and we moved on to VCF which is a contraceptive film. Works great for us. Can't feel it and I don't have to remember to take any pills or anything. Just have to wait for it to dissolve after insertion.

BF and pull out. I was on pill for 3 months, and spotted constantly. Went off, no period or spotting since mid August. At this point we figure if pull and pray doesn't work, we wouldn't be sad :)

Originally we were just going to do condoms however after much thought I really do not feel like tracking my cycles. After going off bcp my af was really messed up. I was ovulating early and had short lp. So to save me the headache were going to go on bcp for alittle bit.

If we were planning on wtt for an extended period of time then I'd probably consider the implant but I don't know if it's worth it to get just to be taken out after 6-10 months.

I'm still deciding on this. I can't use condoms as I'm allergic to latex as well as the spermicide. I can't use the patch as I'm allergic to the adhesive (plus it would never stay on). Anything inserted in, freaks me out. Depo was great after having DS1, but it made my depression much worse, and brought out my PPD, not to mention the weight I gained on it. I may just go on the pill, or I'm going to try to talk to my doctor about getting my tubes tied as we don't plan on having any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->