Contraceptive pill prescribed to 14 year old

I will be honest with you hun.

You might not like to hear this BUT- well done her for being responsible, and getting the pill to stop her getting pregnant. At least she isn't 14 and pregnant, which I am sure is something you wouldn't want

HOWEVER

How on earth did she get them?!?! I don't want to panic you hun, but do you know if/who she is seeing??? Maybe their parents went in with her or something and pretended to be you?? I don't know if you could get away with it...if its a case of signing on the dotted line, maybe someone has forged yours/her dads signature.

You and her father have every right to ring the doctors and ask, as she is still considered a minor, therefore you have the rights to see her medical records. Ring up and ask, go there if you have to.

In the meantime, i think the whole sex talk will be best coming from you, from personal experience- i found it much easier talking to my mum about these things, then my dad.

I ahven't read the whole post btw, so this may of been covered.

I will be honest with you hun.

You might not like to hear this BUT- well done her for being responsible, and getting the pill to stop her getting pregnant. At least she isn't 14 and pregnant, which I am sure is something you wouldn't want

HOWEVER

How on earth did she get them?!?! I don't want to panic you hun, but do you know if/who she is seeing??? Maybe their parents went in with her or something and pretended to be you?? I don't know if you could get away with it...if its a case of signing on the dotted line, maybe someone has forged yours/her dads signature.

You and her father have every right to ring the doctors and ask, as she is still considered a minor, therefore you have the rights to see her medical records. Ring up and ask, go there if you have to.

In the meantime, i think the whole sex talk will be best coming from you, from personal experience- i found it much easier talking to my mum about these things, then my dad.

children under 16 can be prescribed contraceptive pills without a adult being present and have strict confidentiality. they can also have an aboriton without parent permission and confidentiality x

I understand you would be upset by this this as she is only 14 and come on who wouldnt be upset it they thought there kid was having sex, however, I think what your ex has done is very irresponsible, taking the pills off her when she could be having sex, this could result in a pregnancy, what would you rather??

Also the doctor would not tell you is she is now a teenager and she has right to privacy aswell. It is possible she could be on the pill to even out her periods.

xx

My parents were soooo embarrasing. My mum called round all her friends when I got my first period!!!!

So when I got ill, from around about age 14, I made my own doctors appointments and went on my own. So it is possible.

As for being prescribed contraceptives... I'm sad she's having sex at that age, but to be honest it's not THAT unusual these days, and at least she's being responsible and not getting pregnant.

:hugs:

I was prescribed the contraceptive pill when I was 14 for heavy periods. My parents did not know. I would never talk to my parents about that type of thing, I have a strange relationship with my mother. Are you certain it's for sex?

as a pp said i think it shows a good sign of responisibility i was prescribed themm at 14 also by a family palnning doctor my mum was cross when she found out not because i was on the pill sshe thought i was really sensible but the fact i did it behind her back :-/ i wouldnt worry too much hun i know its hard to say but at least she is sensible no time is every going to be good to hear your little girl maybee well you know what im not gunna say it :)

:hugs:

i have 15 & 17 yr old girls n though its hard thats one area i always have to bite my lip & just be there so they feel they can come to me about anything n trust me they have!! no its not what u want to hear or even think about when ur daughters that young BUT it does show a bit of responsibility on their part
ive been slated by other parents for allowing my daughters to have contraception but i really dont care i would rather my daughter came n spoke to me than end up pregnant n too terrified to say anything

i think its has shown a good sign of responsibility, she took the decision and seen the doctor before she jumped into anything. i disagree with the come down hard on her approach because it was sensible what she did. Id talk to her about sti's and unwanted pregnancy but i think she probably understands about pregnancy though and taking the pill off her could result in mistakes happening. Maybe show her a video and some information leaflets. I know this sounds terrible but she is going to do it anyway so its best to prepare her about the ways of the world.

I agree.

Although it must be a shock for you as a parent atleast she is thinking responsibly.
If it was me I would have a good chat with her about STI's and such but not take the pill away from her. It may be that she isn't doing anything anyway but just wanted to get them to be prepared after sex education talks or something in school?

I agree with this. My younger sister started taking the pill before she even thought about sex, I think it was for a few reasons like precaution, periods etc x

Sorry for the novel... I'm bad for that.

Honestly, at only 20 I'm a lot closer to being your daughter's age than being the mother of a teenager, so bear that in mind.

The fact that her father is reacting so poorly to this is probably exactly why she did this without telling you in the first place. Somewhere along the line she got the idea that she can't be open with you, or possibly just her father. The fact that her father's reaction was to be upset and take away her pills is to me, reinforcing that. IMHO, I think he is more concerned with his emotions surrounding his "baby girl" than her well being.

There are two likely reasons she could have the pill, either for period related reasons, or she may be having/planning to have sex. I know that at 14 I would didn't want to talk to my dad about my period. I would have just avoided it. For the second, she is more at risk every day that she is not taking them.

I know it's different when it's your own daughter, but seriously it is better to be safe than sorry. My 14 year old cousin (which is very different, I know) started having sex. Her mother didn't want to talk about it with her, so I tried. I took her to get the pill, I bought her some condoms and I told her that I thought she should wait.

My advice, from the other side of the table, is to get those pills back in her hands and make sure she knows how to use condoms properly. It's not encouraging her to have sex, it's encouraging her to take control of her own health, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->