Contraction Question???

neonpolkadots

Army Wife & Mommy :)
Reaction score
I feel SO unprepared right now with my full term bumpy lol :dohh:

I never had Braxton Hicks or anything so I have NO IDEA what a contraction feels like :blush:

Can anyone help me out and explain what they feel like?

I hear so many stories about contractions, I often hear it feels like a really bad period but 1000000000 x worse :shrug:
I had really bad BH the other day though and it was like this shooting pain/twinge and I seriously couldn't move for 5 minutes, I had to get my OH to get my phone for me so I can call my midwife and my mum.
My mum says that when you get contractions though, you'll know about it..:flower:
xx

My m/w told me they feel like period pains but a lot stronger & also ur bump will tighten I've been expierencing BH & never even realised :dohh:

My mom says the same thing... "When you have a contraction, you'll know it.." lol So much for that! I still have no idea.:dohh:

Thanks ladies!

I dunno what contractions are like but i sure know what braxtons feel like as i've been getting them a lot recently (hoping they stay braxton hicks for a long time :S) and my uterus gets all tight and hard and feels really uncomfortable.. So im guessing contractions are like that but SOOOO much more painful.. :shrug:

Contractions feel.......HORRIBLE! Lol
Period pain but 1000000000 periods all at once!
Gas helps alot!

Contractions to me just felt like a shooting pain in my lower back, a bit of cramping round the front and a rock hard bump... If you're not lucky enough to have any pain relief at that point breathe slowly. Don't puff and pant, takes all your energy for when it comes to actually giving birth

You'll know when you're getting them.

To me, they felt like period cramps at first, and then progressively get worse. If you put a hand on your belly, you'll feel your bump tighten and go hard during a contraction. I felt most of my pains low... down in my hip area. I didn't have high bump or back pain.

You'll know. :flow:

Hmmm...
Imagine you avent been able to poo for days and your belly and back start to ache from the pressure, and this ache comes and goes and gets more painful.
Also could be compared to gas pains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"