Contractions 3-5 mins apart but won't dilate?!

Nalliexx3

Reaction score
I'm a FTM and have a scheduled c section on the 27th so I was never really expecting to go into labor on my own. Yesterday at 4 pm I was walking and had a hard contraction to where I couldn't keep walking. Then until 7pm I was timing them they were every 7 mins apart so called labor and delivery and they said to come in and get checked. Then until about 2 in the morning on the monitors they were every 3-5 mins. I was a fingertip dilated when I went in and a 1 at 2am so not dilating. They gave me stadol to "help me sleep" which it did but when I woke up it had almost stalled out my contractions and they sent me home. I know 37w4days is still a little early, but I only have 11 days til the c section I'm so mad I feel like they gave me the meds just to stop labor.

Sounds like you were in early labour, contractions may of fizzled out on their own aswell. This is normal, i went 2 weeks of contracting every night for 5-6hr before things finally kicked off.

I'm 37+4 and also have a c section scheduled for under 2 weeks time.

Since Monday I've been having contractions. When they comes they last for up to 4 hours and are regular, 3-5 minutes apart lasting for nearly a minute each.

I saw my midwife yesterday who confirmed it was most likely early labour and that I just need to ride it out unless they get so painful I can't cope or my waters break.

Unfortunately early/false labour is very common and you may even find you have these contractions regularly right up until your section date.

With my first, my waters broke and then contractions started but they went on for 3 full days before they decided they weren't dilating me enough (only got to 3cm) and induced me to help things along.

Hope they either ease off for you or amount to something!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->