Contractions after some trauma. Can't sleep.

Bella12

Reaction score
Had an incident at work today where a student of mine attacked me. My obgyn practice sent me to hospital to be monitored for a few hours. A few hours turned into most of my day as there were placenta concerns and contractions.

It took them a long time to get my contractions to stop. Now it is the middle of the night and they are back and painful at times. I really don't want to go back to hospital. I'm already so bruised from my fall, blood work and IV. I'm just nervous and anxiety ridden. It stinks. I really hope if I keep drinking water maybe they will go away.

I can't see where you are on my phone, I'm in the UK and in my maternity notes there are phone numbers to call for advice (eg 24hr maternity/antenatal units) I personally would go back to be checked again but I work in a hospital so they don't make me anxious. Is there any way you can be transferred to another classroom or area for the remainder of your pregnancy? Or can they move the student? Doesn't sound safe at all. Hope it all turns out ok for you

A student attacked you? You poor thing! What do you teach? I'd most definitely have that student removed before I go back. I hope things calm down for you soon.

I'm feeling better today. I still have anxiety about going in on Monday. Not because of the student...more about coming up with a plan. I'm a special education teacher and this particular student was doing really well recently. I'm worried the incident has ruined my relationship with the parent.

I hope I didn't over overreact. The attack was so sudden and I pulled a weird muscle under my belly during it. I just started to panic that the event hurt the baby.

I think you were right to be worried, clearly the hospital were concerned enough to keep you in to be monitored. I know the student can't help or perhaps understand his actions but their parents should understand that it is not acceptable from him to attack you and cause you to fall. And certainly the school you work in should. I work in a bog standard office and even I had to have a pregnancy health and safety review! Have you had something similar in your workplace? It's obviously a lot more difficult with disabled children but your safety must be prioritised. I don't think you can ever over react from an attack and/or fall in pregnancy. Babies life is very fragile!

I'm shocked that u are still teaching special needs kids whilst pregnant as my daughter works with special needs as I have 3 of them at home but as soon as she told them about her pregnancy which was at 3 months she was not allowed to work with them in school anymore because of the risks I think that they need to rethink what you should?shouldn't be doing ,and I hope u feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->