Contractions or Pushing?

Pushing was great!!! The only thing I didn't like was the "Ring of fire"..Ouch

contractions were the worst. pushing was easy for me and quick and it didnt sting either time xx

Contractions are worse! I was just lucky to have quick labours!

I feel the same! Contractions were worse. Contractons and pressure during pushing hurt really bad but I felt like I had something to do during them, I was soo focused just on pushing that it was actually a huge relief! Pushed him out in 20 minutes though so I think if it had taken 2 hours like some women I would feel alot differently. It took everything I had in me and soo much effort to push him out I cant imagine having to do that for 2 hours!!

With my first labour the contractions were worse and pushing was a huge relief.

With my second labour I coped really well with the contractions until I was ready to push, then it hurt!

I thought contractions were worse than pushing. Although - I was only pushing for a few contractions before they opted for emergency forceps delivery due to fetal distress xx

Contractions killed but then he got stuck aswell and had to be pulled out so the pain in the following week or so was the worst by far!I could hardly walk.

Contractions were a piece of cake compared to pushing. They felt like intense period cramps. Pushing felt like nothing I have ever experienced before

Contractions, I felt no pain at all when pushing. Had just G&A xx

Contractions were waaayyyy worse........ the whole 30 odd hours of them!!! I didn't find pushing sore at all, I found by the time I wanted to push it wasn't sore anymore, I just wanted him out to show I could do it! I only pushed for 10mins, kept waiting for the 'ring of fire' but it wasn't that stingy. No stitches either. So scared to have another oz there's no way I'll be that lucky twice!! lol

The contractions were awful for me! Jake was back to back so it killed with every one! Also everytime he moved :(

But when I did feel the need to push (especially when I lost a huge amount of my plug!) it felt AMAZING. Like the biggest but weirdest relief ever. I know this sounds bizarre but it was almost nice in a way?! Does anyone know what I mean haha!

Edit: I did end up with a forceps delivery though! But went from 3cm to 8cm in 20 minutes. The urge to push after that was unreal! I eventually pushed my plug out, gross!

Oh I loved the pushing part - I'd do it again tomorrow. The contractions hurt like hell though. Although they hurt so much it was kinda funny and I kept laughing - must have been all that gas and air. I wish they'd give you a cylinder of that stuff to go home with. It's keep you so calm and relaxed in those early days :lol:

Contractions were fine for me! I hated pushing so much, I kept screaming that I couldn't do it & to just pull her out :rofl:

The contractions while pushing were the absolute worst. They were horrid before, but when it was time to push they were 10 times worse. I vowed on the second one that he was coming out on the next push and when that contraction hit I pushed with everything I had and out he came. I couldn't stand the thought that I might have to endure another.

Contrations were fine providing i could move around but the pushing was awful, real mind over matter that i had to push through the pain of LO crowning. I was scared to move afterwards in case my insides fell out and i didn't even need stitches!

contractions worse for me, although i didn't get the opportunity to get to the end without help, so didn't feel the stingy ringy... believe it or not, i'm sad i didn't get to experience the whole thing

Contractions were worse. Much worse!

I actually didn't mind pushing at all, as it eased the pain of the contractions!! Also, in the pushing stage, you know it's nearly over and you'll be meeting your little baby soon, which I think makes it better as well.

For me the contractions were the worst....the pressure was unbelievable. I remember my mum touching my tummy and me screaming at her to get off because when she touched me the pain almost doubled..weird no?

Pushing actually felt quite nice :S Except for the first 2 hours of it, she was stuck and i wasnt getting anywhere, but when she was turned i actually felt her move down...it felt amazing and the midwifes face was a picture because she was at the end of the bed with the doctor discussing whether to take me down to theatre! My legs were straight in those stirrups and i had her 3 pushes later!

I will never forget her crowning, oh Lord that stung but then it went numb.

I'd do it again tomorrow though lol

For me the pushing was the worst, Esmee's head was inclined to one side so she was quite literally stuck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"