Contractions or Pushing?

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
I was wondering ladies...
when I was in labour I found my contractions to be awful, but as soon as the urge came to push it was like a huge relief.

so.. what was worse for you, contractions or pushing??

contractions right at the end!

It was so painful (i had no meds it was all natural) and i was like "I NEED TO PUSH!" and they were telling me no i couldnt had to wait i was 9.5cm dilated. that hurt trying not to push.

once they said push it was like i couldnt even feel the contractions anymore, no pain nothing, infact i quite enjoyed the delivery! was over in 30 minutes!

well i ended up with forceps but loved pushing when i was doing it! contractions were awful couldnt see an end to them :(

contractions were worse because they started with a bang! Every 2/3minutes for 10.5hrs. Pushing was a pain relief for me. I loved it, dont get me wrong, the head crowning stings like a bitch, but its so worth it! Xxx

Contractions by far were the worst! Pushing felt like a piece of cake after that.

Contractions were the worst! I love the pushing part! I never even feel the pain of crowning...I pushed all mine out within ten minutes....shame it's not the other way round, contractions for ten mins! haha

contractions were so much worse. I didnt feel the pushing really

Its weird isn't it how the oushing was SUCH a relief from the contractions. It was hard work.. but didn't hurt. Well the ring of sting wasn't great, but that didn't last for long.

I don't really remember - I was pushing for over 4 hours, and by the time that point arrived I was so tired I could barely even tell when there was a contraction and when I should push as I was too tired and had no pain relief as they'd taken the gas and air away a couple of hours beforehand

pushing was a relief!! stingy ring wasnt nice though!! xxx

The contractions definitely. When it came to pushing I had Austin out in ten minutes and only pushed twice with Darcey

I found the contractions not too bad (just had gas and air) but pushing was a bitch lol! I was pushing for two hours . . . . I found it so frustrating! My contractions were never closer together than about 4 mins so pushing just took for ever!

To be honest I don't really know what was worse. The contractions towards the end were pretty bad, but I found the pushing stage hard as well, especially the burning ring of fire! lol! I thought I was going to rip from front to back!

Pushing it felt like ages and I was more scared of this point of her getting stuck / need g stitches ( which I did have in the end :-( ) the pressure was more intense and unlike the contractions it wouldn't go away until she arrived

Pushing was the worst pain EVER! Contractions didn't bother me so much x

Contractions, when I pushed the pain went. I always thought that pushing the baby out would be the bit that hurt, but that was the easiest bit for me.

Pushing was massively hard work but not painful, if that makes any sense.
Contractions were awful in the middle part of the first stage but they slowed down towards the end.

To be honest I don't really know what was worse. The contractions towards the end were pretty bad, but I found the pushing stage hard as well, especially the burning ring of fire! lol! I thought I was going to rip from front to back!

i was convinced i HAD ripped from back to front!!

i hadnt though!! lol just a tiny "eye-watering-when-you-wee" tear!

i had an epidural, but not until i was 7cm, contractions were awful (was induced on drip) every minute or so.. but the pushing was great, epi had worn off so it did hurt when his head crowned but lots better than contractions xx

Most def the pushing....actually, no let me rephrase that, the burning ring of fire that came after the pushing....god damn awful!!

I really don't remember the contractions...I had an epidural at 7cm but up to that point, they were bad and whilst meptid did take the edge off, I'd rather suffer them than the burning ANY TIME!

Nicola xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->