Controlling strange cravings?

Angel2Fire

Reaction score
Has anyone had cravings that are either dangerous or not too good for your body?

For the last few weeks I have constantly been craving lemons! I've been eating between 4 and 6 a day. Now I know they won't hurt me, they're good for vitamin C but I am worried about the amount of citric acid. I've also had a bit of a dodgy stomach and I'm wondering if this might be why. I just can't control it though, I NEED to eat lemons! Today I decided to try the jif lemon juice instead... but I've drunk a whole bottle in a few hours :( and still want lemons!!!!!! :happydance: I've tried oranges, mango's, carrots... everything else with vit C but I can't rest till I've had lemons :(

Is anyone else just totally unable to eat anything unless they can get their hands on what their craving? If people make me dinner when I'm asleep, I'll wake up and eat crisps and lemons and just cannot touch the dinner they've made, I feel really bad :(

Oh and I REALLY want to drink washing up liquid, like seriously! So badly that I put some on my hand and sat there sniffing it. My OH got annoyed cus he said it smells horrible and was making his eyes water, but I could seriously drink it!

I bet my baby can't wait to be born! And I bet he/she has the sweetest tooth ever :D lol

I had cravings for dust.... you know like when you get a thick layer on the tv or PC screen? Well obviously dust is dirty so according to my twisted logic if i eat the lint from the tumbledryer filter its ok because its dust from the clean clothes (and fabric softener!).
Seriously... you can catch me most evenings sitting in front of the tumbledryer licking the filter.... I wont eat a chineese takeaway for fear of getting food poisoning but I'll eat dust from a machine....wtf?!

when I was Pg with my Ds I used to chew stones!!! My Dh was driven mad so I had to limit it to when I was in the car on my own!!!:rofl: (only the little tiny ones, I didn't eat big pebbles or anything!!!)
this time nothing strange yet...but theres plenty of time!!!

i have really badly wanted dry dirt (like mud) because its gritty i think, and also i want to eat sand!!! i bought my son a sand and water table for his birthday which was yesterday, and my mum offered to go buy a bag of sand from tescos for me for when he can use the table and i said no incase i eat it lol, im trying to keep well away from dry dirt and sand cos if i see it i will eat it!! its so hard not having it, my mouth is watering just typing this!!!

Girls there is a condition called pica. Its got to do with low iron and one of the main symptoms is wanting to eat really dangerous/weird foods. You should mention it to you doctors if you want to eat dirt and dust and stuff :shock:

Girls there is a condition called pica. Its got to do with low iron and one of the main symptoms is wanting to eat really dangerous/weird foods. You should mention it to you doctors if you want to eat dirt and dust and stuff :shock:

I agree. I don't know much about it, but I do know that eating dirt/sand & soap is associated with pica.

I also think it would be a good idea to talk with your doctors about these strange cravings as most of these things you guys are talking about could cause harm to both you and your baby. They could contain toxic or parasitic ingredients.

i just had my bloods done and my iron level is just on the lower side of normal so its not my iron lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->