Convinced I'm pregnant but HPT negative...

Stacy84pink

Reaction score
I'm so confused about this. I had my contraceptive implant taken out 7 weeks ago. The idea was to have some regular cycles and then start trying. 2 weeks ago my breasts became tender really veiny and I got lots of not normal discharge. My breasts are starting to settle but I have also had pain in my abdomen on my left side. I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and it was negative and just carried on as normal but done another one Friday and was negative and then one bank holiday Monday. The reason I am questioning this is with my DS I never had a positive HPT until I was 7 weeks. He was conceived literally the week my implant was removed and feels like history is repeating itself. Totally unsure what to do. Have booked to see doctor next week to see what they say.

Has anyone else had a false negative for few weeks when they were pregnant? Was speaking to a friend and they mentioned that some women's hCG levels sometimes don't react with the HPT. Any thoughts would be great head hurts from thinking too much Xx

Have you had any bleeding? I am going through a similar thing - I am convinced I am pregnant despite having AF like bleeding a week ago.

The bleeding was different to normal (2 days fairly heavy and 5 days spotting instead of 5 heavy days... Sorry TMI) and early pregnancy symptoms are getting worse. Also done 3 HPTs and all BFN.

Symptoms are almost all every day and some have been for 3 months. They have also been the same prior to, during and after bleeding:
Backache, headaches, bloating, tightening and pressure in abdomen, reduction in appetite, nausea, tiredness, fuller breasts, heavy feeling in uterus area, strange feeling to the right of belly button and n comfortable lying on left... I can only describe it as feeling pregnant!

Really worried that if I am not pregnant I am ill. I know my body and I know it is something but I feel pathetic thinking there is a chance I could be pregnant.

I am at GP on Tuesday - how about you?

Hello,

well I started my period last night thank god. More that I now know I am not pregnant and it just took longer for my ovulation to happen compared to last time. I know now my period will come again in 4 weeks and then when we do start trying I will know I will be pregnant for sure with the missed period.

I called the early pregnancy unit before starting my period and they said to go and see my GP. I had booked an appointment which I can now cancel as I no longer need it. I think my problem is I work within a maternity field so being surrounded by it may have possibly made me feel like I was pregnant just my imagination.

Def see you doctor if your not sure thou Xx Good luck and I hope you get the response you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->