Cooled boiled water - having a dumb moment!

K477uk

Mum of One!
Reaction score
I give my LO cooled boiled water through out the day and expecially at lunch, and normally I sort out the cup at certain times during the day, but occasionally I forget!!

Is there any reason why I can't put boiled water into a bottle and keep it in the fridge and just top up the cup from that?

I give my LO cooled boiled water through out the day and expecially at lunch, and normally I sort out the cup at certain times during the day, but occasionally I forget!!

Is there any reason why I can't put boiled water into a bottle and keep it in the fridge and just top up the cup from that?

I dont see why not:shrug: I could be wrong though.
We give Connah tap water from the fridge now with him being over 6 months x

Not 100% sure i've understood what you said lol but, don't see why not tbh...I just boil the kettle in the morning and leave it in there..topping up his cup through the day (he has a seperate kettle though because our water isn't suitable for him lol...think he's a bit spoilt)!

Not 100% sure i've understood what you said lol but, don't see why not tbh...I just boil the kettle in the morning and leave it in there..topping up his cup through the day (he has a seperate kettle though because our water isn't suitable for him lol...think he's a bit spoilt)!

I only have one kettle!! I know you're not meant to reboil boiled water so always empty the kettle before sorting his out, but it takes ages to cool enough for him to drink, so rather than wait I'm just wondering if I can boil the water in the morning put it in a bottle and stick it in the fridge and use it all day rather than each time boil water and let it cool!

Sorry - stupid question - but why shouldn't you reboil boiled water?

K477uk - I would think you can as one of the ways to make up bottles on the go is to keep boiled water hot in a flask so its only like doing the opposite!!

Petal040 - Its something to do with everytime you reboil the same water some evaporates which results in a build up of things like limescale/minerals (I think!) The HV told us not to anyway. No biggie if you have been though hun - it didn't use to be given as advice (my friend has a 9 year old and a baby 3 months older than mine and I told her and she'd never heard of it but she didn't go to antenatal classes as she already had a child).

I really can't see why you can't just keep it in the fridge..or in a bottle/flask...surely once it's boiled then cooled then that's fine?! It wouldn't have to be re-done everytime?!

It would be fine, providing your LO will drink chilled water, I wouldn't have thought that would be to every baby's liking.

It would be fine, providing your LO will drink chilled water, I wouldn't have thought that would be to every baby's liking.

Yeah.. he doesn't mind that, as I always put it in the fridge in the morning for lunch!! Thanks!

Do you even need to put it in the fridge? Why not just in a bottle on the counter?

I boil my kettle at night, fill up LO's cup in the morning and that's enough for the day. His cup holds 4 oz and he doesn't drink anywhere near that much.

It's mainly because he gets food all over the teat part of the cup.. and I prefer to wash out the cup after lunch, but it takes longer to cool the water than it does to clean the cup!

It's mainly because he gets food all over the teat part of the cup.. and I prefer to wash out the cup after lunch, but it takes longer to cool the water than it does to clean the cup!

Ah, know what your mean! So messy! (I just tend to take the top off and wash that... hope that's enough, lol).

Ah, know what your mean! So messy! (I just tend to take the top off and wash that... hope that's enough, lol).

Never thought of that!! Thanks!!

Yeah keeping it in the fridge should be fine. I just boil the kettle the night before then fill up beaker in the morning as she never drinks a full one anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->