Cooper Charles Kidd 22.04.09

lyndsey3010

Mummy of two boys
Reaction score
I was booked in for an induction on the 21.04.09 at 10.00am which didn't fit in at all with the birth plan that I had hoped for - a water birth at the MLU. However, as my yellow bump was making no effort to come out on his own, an induction it was.

The propess pessary was inserted at 12.45 and I was regularly checked throughout the day, as was baby's heartbeat. Two other girls on the ward were wheeled off to labour and delivery, another two were contracting and asking for pain relief and I was just there, nothing happening. It was exactly like that episode of friends where Rachel is in labour and everyone around her is having babies and she isn't!

OH left at 9pm and we had a chat with the midwife about what happens if the pessary doesn't work, she told me that they will check me at 1pm the next day once the pessary has been in for 24 hours and if there is no change, I will be on the gel. We had resigned ourselves to the fact that nothing was happening and this was going to be a lengthy process!

About midnight, I was feeling some cramping and decided to ask for some paracetamol to take the edge off, about an hour later I got my TENs out and shortly after that, they examined me and removed the Propess (its on a string like a tampon) and I was 1cm. :wohoo:

The contractions started to come hard and fast and i wasn't coping well with the pain as there was no build up, it was just BAM there you go. I asked for some Pethidine and was put on the ctg before they administered it. The baby was sleepy so they couldn't give me any upstairs and transferred me to labour and delivery. Down there I decided that I wanted to try gas and air before going for the stronger stuff so with the next contraction, i had a good old suck and bite on that and promptly threw up. At this point contractions were lasting a good minute and coming every 90 seconds so there was very little time between them.

I asked them to call OH and get him back, it was 3am at this point and he came through the door in record time! I had to have an injection to slow the contractions as basically the effect of the pessary was working too well. This had little effect and i wasn't coping at all so requested an epidural. The midwife said that she thought that i was progressing fast so I should skip the pethidine. Took about an hour to get it in and 15 mins after that, it was absolute bliss. They examined me and I was 2-3cm, i was gutted, it seemed a lot of pain and hard work to not really get very far.

They left me for an hour, I was still feeling a pressure with every contraction but not pain by any standards. When they examined me an hour later, they told me I was fully dilated and ready to go!! They could see the head and some hair! My waters had already been broken although that bit is all a bit of a blur as it was pre pain relief! They had to leave me another hour and give me another drip to restart the contractions and after 10 minutes pushing, my little man was here.

The epidural was wonderful as I still knew when to push. OH announced that it was a boy and that was it, we were both in floods of tears.

Cooper Charles was born at 08.20am weighing 7lb1. He was exactly 2 weeks overdue but once he got going, he didn't hang around! We are so in love with him its ridiculous. I didn't tear and just had a few internal stitches as Coop has nails like freddie krugar!!

Here are a few pics of my gorgeous man:

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 36
Congratulations he is beautiful x

Congratulations, he is gorgeous x

What an ordeal you had to go through and I have so much respect for your patience when you went over due and were at the hospital waiting for something to happen.

Welcome beautiful Cooper Charles into the world!!!!! :cloud9:

Congratulations again, he is wonderful! :D

xxxxxxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Well done you !

Im well jealous you got an epidural !!! I wanted one :hissy::hissy: I didn't get my water birth either although by the time I realised this they hadn't got time to fill the pool up and I couldn't of been moved out of that room unless someone knocked me out.

He is gorgeous xxxxx

:hugs: Oh my goodness what a handsome little guy you have, huge congrats hun!! :hugs:

:hugs: Oh my goodness what a handsome little guy you have, huge congrats hun!! :hugs:

Congrats xxxx :happydance: my little man was exactly 2 weeks over too xx

Congratulations hun, he is just adorable :cloud9:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back