copper coil iud anyone have this?

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
I've heard so many horror storiesBut I just want something without hormones that will be reliable! Anyone else have this and can shed some light and tell me what they thought of it? Thank you

I have my third copper IUD. I had the first fitted before children as I did not get on with hormonal methods, had the second after my eldest was born and have recently had the third fitted after giving birth to my second child in December. I absolutely love it and would not consider any other method for me. It can make your periods heavier for the first few months, I noticed this with the first IUD but not the one I had fitted after my son (though breastfeeding may have helped keep my periods light). My periods haven't returned yet after the birth so can't comment this time.

I don't have any side effects from it, can't feel it and love the fact I don't need to think about contraception for 10 years!! Happy to answer any questions you might have

I just had mine removed after almost 2 years. Please google paragard side effects and copper toxicity. There are many ladies who are having problems with it without realizing it was their iid.

I had the copper IUD for 9 years before TTC. I loved it.

At the time I switched from the pill because I didn't want to be on hormones anymore. With the copper IUD, I had nice regular cycles and normal periods.

I have it and i think its causing my body to ache, and i get brown discharge aloy

I had one for 4 days before itaslipped and started to fall out
Then I bled so heavy and mmassive clots x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"