Copper coil/Mirena

blake12336

Reaction score
Has anyone had the coil fitted? Which one did you go for and why? I want a long term hormone less (or as little hormone as possible) contraception as we are done with babies for now!

I had the mirena coil last yr and didn't get along with it, it sent me a bit loopy. I now have the copper coil, had it for about 3 months and was getting a lot of irregular bleeding but it seems to be settling a bit now which is good.

I had the mirena coil after my first. I suffered badly with pregnancy symptoms (constant) even though I never got pregnant on it. This stopped once I had it removed.

After my second I had the copper coil as I figured hormone contraception was not for me.

It took a while to settle, I had some random spotting and discharge which all checked out as okay.

However once it did settle (took nearly a year) it has been amazing, no issues with it, no pregnancies and I've still got 7 more years before it will need changing.

I think they are great longer term solutions but as they seem to take time for your body to get used to u wouldn't use it short term.

Good luck

I’ve had 2 copper coils (had one out to have second baby) been on it 7 years now and very happy with it. No hormones, only took 3 months for me to settle down with it (caused very heavy periods first few months now I just have one heavy day)

I have the copper because I'm loopy on any hormonal options but I still believe it has me a bit 'off'. It says no side effects but there are many women who say it's increased their anxiety, mood swings and feeling fatigue.

Previously I didn't need anything as my ex had a vasectomy and I do feel 'different'. I can't wait to get it out.

For the first 8+ months I had really heavy cycles ... now I have 1 day really heavy then it settles but I spot before and after so I'm bleeding for 6 days ... plus my cycle has gone from 28-29 to 23-25 days. I'm frustrated with it if I'm honest.

OH is also waiting for an appointment for a vasectomy, we are both finished having children (we both have 2) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->