Cord blood storage

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
DH and I have been looking into this for some time now as we would like to ensure we have a back up should LO need help in the future. But it is so expensive (cheapest I have found it is £1500) I don't think we'll be able to afford it. Any one else looking at doing this?

you store stem cells from the umbilical cord for future use in case your child became ill. There have been a few cases over the years of couples having children purely to help their elder child through an illness which personally DH and I think is wrong, Cord blod storage is basically the alternative. You can also donate but I haven't looked into that so much

I would love to, but it is way too expensive to even think about.

We're lucky to be doing this here in China. The facilities of the China Cord Blood Bank are very good and the costs low. There will be an initial fee of a couple of hundred euros to analyze the blood, and the then a yearly fee of about 70 EUR to keep the blood stored. If we ever leave China, and need the blood while in another country, they will arrange the transportation. Also, you can donate and have always the first rights to use the blood unless someone else uses it first.

I am planning to donate mine to a not-for-profit cord blood bank in Alberta. My husband and I are already organ and blood donors, so it makes sense to us to make this gesture. It doesn't cost us anything to do it, but it's for the public good, not stored for our child, specifically. That is quite expensive.

I looked at it but it was just too expensive :( Its a shame that its so expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->