Corpus luteum pain

CarlyP

Mum of 2 & baking #3
Reaction score
Since around CD21 I have had on and off pain around both ovaries, as each day has gone it has become stronger. After a bit of research I've found that it is the corpus luteum that is left on your ovary(ies) to secrete progesterone if conception happens.

Does anyone else feel this pain during the TWW? Most sites I've found the majority are in first tri and about 5weeks pg.

Hi there, I often feel it! This cycle particularly, though it might be all in my mind; I know there is a corpus luteum on my right ovary from seeing it on u/s so I might be ultra focused on it. :)

I take it as a sign each month that I DID ovulate, and that there is a strong structure secreting progesterone! (Each time I've had 7dpo progesterone tests my levels were quite high).

Do you know if you definitely ovulated this cycle? It could possibly also be follicles growing and getting ready for O (I feel that too lol, and also quite hectic pains on the day of O itself).

Good luck!

Btw my one thread friend feels it too. She had confirmed O a few days ago and says that she feels quite a bit of pain from the CL.

I don't know about ovulation this cycle, I'm assuming I am with the progesterone symptoms.

I have often wondered if it was the follicles bubbling in there lol.

I feel this sometimes (not pregnant) and always wondered why my ovaries hurt after ovulation... Now I know. :)

I was having a pain on the right side on cd18. Is it a sharp pinching type of pain? It was enough to make me stop what I was doing and 'hold' onto my side, but kept coming and going. Does this happen every month regardless of if you have conceived or not?

Lol, just re-read OP and seen its in case of conception. But interesting I was getting this pain (on the left side) when I was about 5 weeks during the last pregnancy I had last year.

I definately haven't concieved witch got me today! So must just be a regular thing, will have to look out for it in the next TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->