Cosleeping baby feeds all night!

Pink Petals

Reaction score
I noticed that my LO has gotten into the habit of feeding and comfort sucking a lot at night (we cosleep). It is not a growth spurt as it has been going on for a while.

Well yesterday, I kept a log of his feedings. He fed only a few times during the day, but fed 8, count them, 8 times in his sleep! He doesn't fully awaken for these feedings. He sort of stirs and roots with his eyes closed, feeds and then goes back to dreamland.

Is this a bad habit?

You're in wonder week leap 3 (14-19 week) territory. We are currently feeding every 60-90 minutes overnight which can be anything from 5-7 night feeds. It's being going on for almost 3 weeks now. I'm shattered! He is having proper feeds for 15-20 minutes too though he snoozes while feeding! He used to only feed 1-2 times a night (between 11 and 6) until 3 weeks ago

my baby feeds a lot at night too, feels like im not getting any sleep at all, i wonder why this is?

I noticed that my LO has gotten into the habit of feeding and comfort sucking a lot at night (we cosleep). It is not a growth spurt as it has been going on for a while.

Well yesterday, I kept a log of his feedings. He fed only a few times during the day, but fed 8, count them, 8 times in his sleep! He doesn't fully awaken for these feedings. He sort of stirs and roots with his eyes closed, feeds and then goes back to dreamland.

Is this a bad habit?

Looks like he's about 4 months old? That is a HIGHLY distractable age. It can be very difficult for 4 month olds to take in enough during the day because their surroundings are SO INTERESTING! At night, it's easier to take in the needed nutrients as they're more relaxed with fewer distractions. When his diaper is wet, do you change it? I notice that Violet is more likely to stay attached and to "comfort suck" if she's wet. If she's dry, she's more likely to un-latch and go into a deeper sleep. This being said, there are phases where a baby needs more comfort in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->