Costco Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairypop

Mummy to a lil' goblin
Reaction score
Anyone know when Costco get their Christmas things in? Someone last year recommended their paper to me, I think TopTrump?! and it was brilliant so I want to buy more this year!!!

Eek excited thinking about wrapping. Wrapping would be my dream job!

:happydance:

Good point, they're usually way earlier than everywhere else! Oooooh time for a trip methinks!! :haha:

Usually around September when they have sold off all of their garden stuff

In my local last week and it was all summer stuff still.

I love there wrapping paper I bought a gaint double sided roll last year and it was fab. I want another even though I have loads left!

God I LOVE their wrapping paper and ribbon, yes usually September I like the long rolls but actually prefer the normal length ones as they are thicker and have a grid on the back so always look neat :thumbup:

I was in Costco yesterday and the ribbon was in but nothing else yet. I have my eye on a really nice one with snowflakes on that I want to get.

I am thinking of getting a Costco membership, Is it worth it?

I was in Costco again today and they did just have the ribbons. Agree with Toptrump, I love the one with the grid on as nice and thick and doesn't rip on corners of all those playmobil boxes lol. I got a special offer on magic/invisible scotch tape lol, stocking up for the wrapathon..

Pingu, I don't find it to be that much cheaper than the supermarkets to be honest. I renewed my membership today which was £25, I have only kept it on for Christmas things!!

I buy a limited amount of stuff their tbh, washing liquid, cling film, foil, babybels, the odd box of Chocs etc esp. at Christmas, jelly belly beans, those yoghurt covered raisins in multipacks, the odd crate of alcohol depending on what's on offer for DH. They often have some good deals on Usbourne books and some unusual books, they do stock some playmobil at Christmas too!! I stocked up on Yorkshire tea a few months back as they were a bargain. They send you a monthly mail out with discount offers, and those are the things to go for for the biggest savings.

They have a huge bakery section, but I haven't found the cakes etc that nice - May just be our local one, but they are a bit tasteless, although they look nice! They also have some strange ingredients I've never heard of before!

Fruit and veg is cheaper but depends how big a quantity you can consume as the dates don't seem that great. I guess as it's intended to be used in restaurants in bigger quantities that I can consume!

They sell tyres lol!!!

We've got one opening pretty close to us, maybe we will get a membership for the Christmas stuff?

Thanks Fairypop, think I may need to find someone with a Costco card to take me so I can decide whether or not to join. I don't have one close enough to visit often so adding fuel costs it would probably be the same price as the supermarket.

I did see they had some good playmobil sets online :haha:

I don't pay membership. I use my parents. I only use it for things like tinned toms, OJ, washing products, cans of coke ect. I tend to look for the special offers to then get good prices on things like cereal, mayonaise, tea.

I have used there bakery. The gaint apple pie is georgeous but I also don't thing much of their cake. I went the other day because DS2's christening is this weekend and I can get through some serious bulk throwing a party for over 50 people.

Oh and I really like the chicken tenders much better than what the supermarket do generally.

Love their wrapping paper!

Oooo I've just looked my mum can get one I think she's a retired nurse? says current or retired employee health service/ medical ? X

Personally love COSTCO but you do have to be careful what you buy there- with that said- unless on offer in supermarkets- most household stuff is cheaper and more convenient to buy in bulk- namely soap powder and fabric conditioner. We buy our cat and dog food there too, mineral water, diet coke and they do huge sushi platters which we love- but haven't had for a couple years now because of my pretty much back to back pregnancies! Big bags of frozen fish, meat and veg tend to be good value too.

Am going on Friday in Liverpool so will let you all know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"