Costochondritis or rib pain, anyone?

Mosey

Reaction score
I have already been diagnosed with costochondritis, which is the inflammation of the cartilage between the sternum and the ribs. It comes and goes, usually if I have done some strenuous activity or something, but is is back now, and I'm attributing it to being 8 weeks along and bloated and stretching.

My best bet has always been cold packs, reclining and ibuprofen (which we can't take). So I'm thinking of trying acupuncture. I already see a chiropractor, but it isn't really helping.

Just wondering if anyone else has had flare ups, if this is a normal occurrence in pregnancy.

It really hurts, btw, and usually more at the end of the day. Right now it's just icing and reclining.

I have rib pain but have not been diagnosed with anything... is that a serious condition??

I wouldn't really call it a serious condition, I mean, it has no impact on your health-- it just hurts! That's it! I'm sitting here again, gals, with the old gel pack on my rib and reclined. Every night. :( But-- it's not really a BIG deal, ya know?

I don't have the problem you are having, but I do get acupuncture and I love it. (I get it for Restless Leg Syndrome.) I find it really works for me because I hate taking a bunch of meds. :)

Oh God, I get that, too. Only since pregnancy. It's so annoying. I guess I really need a good acupuncturist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->