Cot Bumpers

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Ive bought a cot bumper but heard so many different storys. That you can have them in from birth right up until you cant have them in until they're at least 1 year old. Does any one know whats right and whats wrong. Im so confused by it all.

Help me pleaseee xx

i never used a cot bumper at all because of the stories about suffocation etc i dont think u really need one they just make the cot look nice

From what I've read, they can cause suffocation if the ties come loose and the bumper falls into the cot. They can also cause over-heating because they prevent air-flow through the cot. Although I did read that you can attach the bumpers a bit higher so there's a gap at the bottom so that air can still flow freely. Not sure how true any of that is.. BUT I think I might use one and tie the ties really tightly and leave a gap at the bottom. Cot bumpers seem to prevent arms and legs getting trapped in between the bars of the cot. Information I've read suggests that you can use them up until the baby is able to sit unaided.

i never bothered with 1, personally i find them for decoratrion purpose sonly!

i love all the sets and used them since day 1. x

i love cot bumpers, i have always used them, i put them on lengh ways rather than all around the head bit

x

Thats a good idea.

I duno if it would even fir around the head on my cot any way as both ends are solid pine.

:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->