cotbed or junior bed

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by x-li-x, Dec 15, 2009.

1. x-li-x

x-li-x Me & Hubby + 3 :)

logan has a cotbed atm and hes using it as a bed now not a cot and i just wondered does anyone know what age they last too?
    i dont know wether to keep him in this then let him choose a single bed (within reason of corse) in a couple yrs or so or buy him a junior bed/low single bed instead now ?

what do you all plan to do or have you done?

thanks

xx
    :hugs:

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

We have a toddler bed for Hayden...his brothers sleep in twin beds (I think it's single over there). If I needed to Casen, my almost 5yr old would be able to fit just fine in the toddler bed though...which uses the crib mattress. So it should last awhile. I personally haven't left them in it longer than age 3 though

3. x-li-x

also if i went for a toddler/junior bed ive noticed some have these little sides on would you say thats best to get or ones without ?

thanks again xxx

4. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

Ours has short sides like maybe 1 1/2ft long? But Hayden hasn't slept with them on since 15mo? He never falls off

5. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

cot beds and junior have no difference so you would be buying a junior bed for nothing imo.... cotbeds last till 4/5yrs so i would just wait till then xxx

6. summerarmahni

summerarmahni summer and bailey

correct me if am rong girlies but i am sure its up to 4 years, but depending on how big ya lil one is, i got mah lil girl a single mid sleeper at 2/3 and she loved it and still loves it now xx

7. x-li-x

thank you all.

logan doesnt need sides either really , he doesnt have any now and never falls out apart from maybe on 1 or 2 occasions in the last month but i do like the beds with the lil sides on.
    he has alot of space in his cotbed atm so i rekon it will last him a while and maybe should keep him to that until hes ready for a single. i just cant make up my mind lol x

8. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

Junior beds and cotbeds are exactly the same size, so if he's currently in a cotbed then there's no point getting a junior bed. Once he's grown out of it (most seem to say up to 4 years) you'd need a normal single bed.