Cots and nursing bras

amber2727

Reaction score
hi again all!

this week i went on a shopping frenzy as i feel like i've had NOTHING prepared this whole time. I'm 29 weeks now. i went from being the worst prepared mother to ahead of the curve i think! just the cot left now. I was going to order a cot from IKEA...am i way early? should i wait a few weeks? is there a reason why i should wait a few weeks? im just going to spend all my time thinking about how i need to order it. :wacko:

also, any UK recommendations for comfy nursing bras?

thanks!

I just bought my cot from ikea yesterday, so i wouldn't say your to early, mother care and Marks and Sparks do really comfy nursing bras

I would go ahead and order ur cot! It's sooo exciting when u put it up!

Nursing bras u should wait til 36 weeks tho for ur boobs to grow! And get measured! I got one from mothercare but not 100% sure but think thats as I normally wear padded push up bras! Lol x

Hi,

I'm also 29 weeks and have bought nothing - am lucky that I still have my pram and moses basket from first pregnancy though, but I have no baby clothes, nappies, toiletries etc. I was planning on waiting to buy a cot until the moses basket got too small - gives me a chance to save up for it.

I'm also looking for nursing bras and am currently watching some on ebay - think they are going for £17 for 3 (brand new)

I keep thinking that I have 11 weeks left so have loads of time :)

thanks ladies! i feel like i'm learning A LOT about myself psychologically in my preparation and anxiety! of course, i'm a FTM. and it IS TOO exciting!!! I need to distract myself.

yes, good point on waiting for the nursing bras!

My cot has been on order since 24 weeks! Due to be delivered in the next 3 weeks or so, as soon as it arrives its going up and the baby's room will be done!

Nursing bras - definitely wait. I got my maternity bras from mothercare and they are quite comfy - Im used to underwired bras though so it took some getting used to! Get yourself measured somewhere decent and then have a look online, thats what Im planning to do!!!

We don't have a cot, steriliser and a few other things yet, lol. We have a moses basket though!
I noticed kiddicare have a sale on at the moment and have a nice cot for £50!

cot been up since 22w! room done now started buying as can put it away ,

i was measured sat at 29w in mothercare now ordered maternity on ebay, will measure again 39w order nursing bra

another Q... why would you get a cot instead of a cotbed? I know they're cheaper, but isn't cheaper in the long run to get a cotbed?

We chose a cotbed over a cot thinking it would last longer, but then we had the space for it... as it happens, my little boy will probably never use it as a toddler bed as we are going to get him a low single bed before no2 arrives so that she can have the cotbed... She'll probably then have it as a toddler bed, or she might get her brothers single and we'll upgrade him to a cabin bed?! who knows :)
As for nursing bras, totally totally recommend Bravado seamless silk. They grow with you and as the name suggests, have no seams on the cup so dont rub... John Lewis sell them if you want to try one on. I bought both mine off this website without a problem. BTW, i wish i'd bought them BEFORE i gave birth!
https://www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=112

We went & got all the big items when I was about 25 weeks or so, but only had everything delivered 2 weeks ago.

Def wait until at least 36 weeks to get measured & make sre you go to a good fitter, they should recommend that you get something slightly larger than you are measuring so it still fits you when your milk comes in. I got some nice nursing bra's from Debenhams & Bravissimo. Seraphina had some lovely one's, but they only go up to a DD/E & I am bigger than that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->