Could I be pregnant on Birth Control?!

Mandy246

Reaction score
I've been on birth control for three full months (into my fourth now). Last month I had no PMS and my "period" didn't come until my last placebo pill & hasn't stopped as I'm beginning two weeks of my new BC pack. It doesn't feel like my normal periods.
I don't know if I'm psyching myself out now but I'm realizing I could potentially have pregnancy symptoms.

***I take my BC at the same time every day, never late, and never miss a pill***
Synptoms:
-More than usual EWCM.
-Later start of bleeding than usual, also no clots per usual.
-No PMS (except i did feel tightening in my left ovary 2 or 3 times)
-Wayyyy more tired than usual. I can barley keep my eyes open even though I am not any more active than usual.
-Post nasal drip, stuffy nose, and snoring while sleeping (that's new!)
-Nauseous during car rides.
-Hot flashes!
- This one really made me think about being pregnant - two nights in a row of very vivid dreams about holding a baby boy.

Now I realize these could all be coincidence, results of birth control, but I just wanted to know if anyone has advice whether I should bother taking a test or not since I am on BC.

I got pregnant twice on the pill :)

But i never had any periods or bleeding when i did!

take a test tp put your mid at ease either way!

*I always took pill same time ( morning with breakkie) and never missed! They say if you have vomiting or the poops it can effect how it works but i wasnt sick the months i ot pregnant lol

It is definitely possible, but not very likely that you are pregnant if you are taking it perfectly. Less than 1 in 100 women will get pregnant taking the pill perfectly. My aunt conceived twins while on BC!

Have you changed your diet or exercise routine or been more stressed than usual? These all impact the timing of your period and hormones in general. If you have been on certain antibiotics, the pill is less effective. Take a test!

Gah. Now I'm nervous, SleepyBaby! I am on BC - we aren't trying yet, and I never got a period last cycle. I took 2 HPTs on Sunday (the day I started my new pill pack) and both were negative. Now I am thinking I should probably take another one just to be sure.... I have NEVER missed a period while on BC in 15 years.

Nothing has changed and I haven't been sick, which is why I am so confused why my my last period was different. I don't even think I could call it a period. It wasn't a flow just there when I wiped. No PMS other than random cramps on my left side once in a while. I do take my pill at the same time and never miss one, but I know there's still that 1% chance. Guess I'll be taking a test!

Yes, take a test to ease your mind. I am going to be stopping on the way home from work to pick up some and do the same. I hope that you get the results that you want! :)

It is much more likely that its just the pill messing with your hormones. I have more than one friend who got pregnant on the pill though so not impossible.

I got pregnant while taking the pill.
Id take a test just to ease your mind

I was on the pill straight into 2nd month of my 1st pregnancy, i went to doc for flu jab as i worked in a docs and was told to go get it and my doc asked me when my LMP was, at the time i wondered what a weird question, where did it come into play? but i went back to work and asked the doc i worked for why he would ask me that! he told me it was incase i was pregnant, i laughed, he laughed, everyone laughed then a girl i worked with said "well when was it, ya never know with these things" thinking she was being funny, i counted back and it had been missed for 2 months, i went up to the nurses room, grabbed a test, peed on the wrong end (yup i knew nothing) so i binned it, told noone then took another one home, was like an internet cheepie so when two lines came up id no box or instructions, was 11 years ago so id no internet either ( the horror!) went into work the next day and asked the nurse to decode it for me lol

Anywho, my full trust in being well and taking the pill would keep me not pregnant died that day!

Finally took a test although it was in the evening result was BFN. Must be hormones from the BC. Even though we are preventing I can't help but be a little sad with the bfn.

Aw hugs. Yeh a BFN can be really disappointing when you were ot trying. Its almost worse sometimes because you can't just move on to the next month TTC. Maybe its a sign you will be TTC before you thought though ;).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->