Could i be pregnant? Please help :D

miss_nat84

Mummy to Ella & Ruby
Reaction score
Hi All,

I had my implanon removed on 29/4/11 after having it for about 8 years (so it was my third one) and during the time i had my implanon in AF hardly ever arrived and when she did it was really light. Exactly 5 days later AF arrived,and she stayed from 4/5/11 to 9/5/11 and it was like everything was back to normal with my body :D My partner and i were intimate without protection the morning of the day that i had the implanon removed, not being aware that you shouldnt do that for 7 days before the removal. We were also intimate once during what should have been my fertile perdiod and then 3 times since then and according to my calender AF should have arrived again on 1/6/11. Today is the 6/6/11 and she still has not come. I have had quite a few pregnancy sypmtoms, im extremely tired, occassional nausea (my mum wasnt sick throughout her whole pregnancy with me so maybe i wont be either), some smells that i usually like are making my stomach turn, BAD heartburn, lower back pain, more than normal dishcarge (sorry if tmi), i feel really bloated and from the 19th to the 21st of May i also had very light brownish coloured discharge which i thought may have been implantation bleeding. Yesterday afternoon being 5 days late i did a HPT and it showed negative, naturally it made me really upset as i was hoping it would come back positive. Ive had a friend tell me that i should wait another few weeks and try again. Could i possibly be pregnant? Has anyone else had the same experience coming off Implanon?
Thanks in advance for all your help :D

always possible but could be your body trying to get back to normal? don't have personal experence with implant so hope you get some better answers soon do you know you ovulated?

Thanks lynne192 :) yeah I definitely ovulated and we were intimate during this time :)

well def a great chance do you know when you ovulated and how many DPO?

Didn't want to just read and run, I've also never had the implant so I wouldn't know if this is normal. Your friend was right though, wait a little while longer and do another HPT. If you are really worried about AF not showing, go and see your Dr and see what he/she has to say :) Sorry I couldn't be more help! Best of luck to you anyway :thumbup:

If you do some searching on here you will find that it does take a while for your cycles to return to 'normal' after having their implanon removed. You very well could be pregnant, but you also could very well just not be regular yet. If you are truly wanting to know what's going on I would suggest temping (BBT) to find out if/when you are ovulating, that way you will know when to expect your period for sure. Good Luck!

Alot of times after removal of any type of hormonal birth control, women get pg-like symptoms. This is because while you are on bc the hormones are being supplied by the implant or the pill or shot or whatever the case may be. When you go off bc, your body is now forced to make these hormones for itself again, and im most cases it takes a few months for your body to get it right again. That is why we all have such irregular cycles and "feel pg"
I personally was on seasonale the bcp. So that would prevent ovulation for months on end. So I consider myself lucky that I do O pretty regularly.
I hope this helps

According to my calendar I should have ovulated around the 14th however I think it was a few days after this I can't quite remember off the top of my head :( I really hope it's not my body just returning to normal I really thought that since I bled quite normally 5 days after I had the implant removed that my body should have been back to normal... I could be wrong though :) I think I'll wait a little longer maybe another couple of weeks and if AF hasn't arrived I will do another test :) thanks for all your help :)

could your period coming after it being taken out be like a withdrawal bleed? i also thought i O'd my first cycle off the pill and felt like i was pregnant, but it was just false hope from my hormones all making a good attemp at coming back. my nipples and bbs were sore, i was fatigued and nauseus on and off. Dont htink i O'd this cycle either but its only been off the pill since march so it could take a few more months yes for me. I hope the recovery from the implant is quicker

I'm not sure it could have been I guess, but I know that I definitey ovulated I an certain of that... Ive heard that the pill takes longer to get out of your system than the implanon does but there are lots of conflicting stories out there lol I guess I'll have to wait and see if AF comes later on I don't have sore bbs but I have everything else it's strange... I ibhad of known it was going to muck up my body this much I would have got it removed a long time ago it's very frustrating lol

some people recover quicker then others off any birth control like these, hopefully your one of the lucky ones that have no problem :)

Ok update lol I think the sharp pains I was experiencing in my lower abdomen were ovulation pains so that means I ovulated around the end of last month say from 23rd to 26th is when I had the pains. So today is 11 DPO so yesterday would have been too early to test is that correct? We were intimate twice in that time...

i think some people can get positives at 10dpo but not everyone and it also depends on the sinsetivity of the test

For most women 10dpo is too early. Try again at 12 dpo, most HPT's are 80% accurate at that point.

Thank you so much everyone I really appreciate all your feedback :) I'm going to try again in about a week see how I go :)

Hi everyone :) thought i would update you all as to what is going on..... aunt flow decided to finally maker her appearance on sunday just gone (today being tuesday) and boy oh boy did she make an entrance! I was freaking out as it was very heavy (for me anyway) and there were very small pea sized clots but i have since found out that that is completely normal seeming my cycle was 40 days long this month. I do think that the implanon has caused this, but i am glad that i have bled again, even though it was late, shows me that my body is slowly getting back to normal :) My DP was very disappointed and it made him realise just how ready he really is now, seeming he was thinking he was going to be a daddy in 9 months then that thought being taken away due to the arrival of aunt flow, so we are going to try lots this month and see how we go :) i am also going to invest in a basal thermometer and see how it works as i am not quite sure when i will be ovulating this month due to the irregulatory of aunt flow, thank you again for all your help and baby dust to you all :)

sorry to hear evil :witch: got you she got me on sat :( i really hope you get :bfp: soon hun xx sorry to hear about your partner thought understand that though mine often is :(

best of luck xx

Thanks lynne192 it was definitely a bummer but I am staying positive now and remembering that there is always next cycle :) best if luck to you and your partner too hun :) xx

yeah i understand hun had it a few times myself over the years i hope things happen soon for you xx

I just read your journal sounds like you have had a rough trot hope everything turns out well for you too hun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->