Could I be pregnant?

Thomasdm

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I need some advice. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for quite a while now with no luck. I am 27 years old and have never been pregnant. My period was supposed to start on May 29. I had some spotting on May 25 and 26. I do occasionally have spotting prior to my period so I didn't really think anything about it. The 29th came and no period. I had sex on the 31st and there was some bleeding afterwards but it did not last. I took a HPT on June 1 and it was negative. My breasts became sore and tender on the 31st and are still sore. Normally my breasts get very sore about 3-4 days before my period starts, and then the soreness stops once I start. I had a normal period last month and I am usually quite regular with my cycle. I have been urinating more frequently and it is almost completely clear. I have been restless at night and have no energy. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? How long should I wait before I take another HPT? Could being overweight affect the accuracy of a HPT? Thank you for your help!

Hi! It's definitely possible that you are pregnant. Some women don't find out until a week or more after their period was supposed to come. My recommendation is to test again in a few days (or buy HPT from the dollar store and test every every day). Sometimes our cycles just get off for no good reason. Good luck!

Hi lovely,

Being overweight shouldn't make any difference to a HPT. If still no sign of :witch: in a couple of days I would test again. It's easy to get a false negative if your levels of HCG haven't built up enough when you test. :flower:

If you had enough hormone in your blood for you to be experiencing symptoms, then there would be enough in your urine to provide a positive result, so it seems unlikely you are pregnant. Test again to be sure.

Being overweight will not effect an HPT, however it can effect the regularity of your cycles.

I agree with what purple cupcake said.

I hope you get a nice positive result soon though :)
Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->