could it be teething?

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
I've noticed max has started dribbling and blowing bubbles. This evening he's been unhappy and I'm not sure but I thought I could see a bump in his gum. could he be teething? He's 18 weeks actual, 7 weeks corrected...

when did other early prems teeth? I know every baby is different but interested to know :)

I have been wondering the same thing. Mine is 17 weeks today (10 weeks corrected) and he is starting to chew on his hands more (not out of hunger) and wanting to put things in his mouth..... He hasn't started the drooling yet, but I expect it to come. I keep thinking it's too early though. We go back to doctor on Monday and I'm going to ask about it then.

Is he running any fever? sometimes they run a low grade fever with teething.

Serena is nearly 24 weeks (18 corrected) She is also gnawing her fists and starting to make little bubbles :) She seems to be having a hotter forehead then normal so I wonder if she is teething :) Can't feel anything when I look but she does like to Chow down on a finger or something....

I would take the fever as a pinch of salt with regards to teething - I'm a dentist and know that teething reportedly causes a lot of symptoms which aren't really backed up by real evidence. Babies quite often have a fever and it mostly due to them working through some of the minor viruses that they all pick up in the first 3-6 months of life. You should be able to see outlines of some of the teeth quite early on but they usually start to actually appear through the gum from around 6 months (corrected) although there can be quite a bit of variation both sides. You will normally see the lower incisors first.

He could be, it can take up to 5 months from the start of teething for the tooth to appear. Niamh is 8 months old actual, 7 corrected and still no teeth. Im expecting them to come through all at once.

I think I can see a tiny bump bottom to the right so perhaps it is the start of it. I've got some gel to see if that helps lol

I'm so frustrated though, poor max has got the major snuffles and those saline drops/spray aren't doing anything! all the decongestants/drops to help with breathing for colds are for 3 months plus and he's still only 7 weeks corrected! Ugh! poor little man has got to soldier on so I keep using the saline drops and using the aspirator to suck some of the gunk out in the hope he can breathe a bit better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->