could microgynon 30 birth control be causing this?

snuggles21

Reaction score
I have been on microgynon 30 for about 5years now and never had any problems. but around christmas time i started to feel very tired and have become very moody. I also feel really down all the time and have lost all motivation to do anything - its an effort to get out of bed some mornings and i quite often sit and cry for absolutely no reason, just cant stop myself!
It's so frustrating as I dont have any reason to feel like this but i cant help it - nothing i do helps, i've spoken to my OH about all this and he is very supportive and understanding which makes it even worse that i take my moods out on him. :dohh:
so what i was wondering is has anyone else had this experience on microgynon? and could it even have this effect after years of been fine?
and also if i wanted to come off microgynon can i just do it straight away when i finish this pack? and are there any side effects for coming off? :shrug:
I know the answer may be to go talk to my doctor but just wanted some first hand experiences if anyone has them
thanks for reading, any advice appreciated :flower:

I was on Microgynon a few years ago and i cant say my mood was any different (always a moody cow me!) but I had to change it as I was getting regular visual migraines. Yo may need to ask your GP if you could maybe try a different brand. Also hun, I was thinking some of your symptoms sound a bit like depression, are you depressed about anything? xx

The pill can affect many people in this way. I would give it a break for some months and see how you feel XXX

thats the thing i've got nothing to be depressed about i should be so happy - i've got a job which although money is abit tight, everyones in the same situation and im grateful i can pay my rent and afford to run a car and stuff. and im in a relationship with a man i love to bits and who loves me back and we're getting married. im studying towards my degree which can be stressful at times but i know its gona be better for me in the long run. i just cant get rid of this miserable feeling all the time and feel so stupid feeling so miserable for no reason

thats the thing i've got nothing to be depressed about i should be so happy - i've got a job which although money is abit tight, everyones in the same situation and im grateful i can pay my rent and afford to run a car and stuff. and im in a relationship with a man i love to bits and who loves me back and we're getting married. im studying towards my degree which can be stressful at times but i know its gona be better for me in the long run. i just cant get rid of this miserable feeling all the time and feel so stupid feeling so miserable for no reason

maybe youre just exhausted, that can get you down, youre getting married and doing a degree both stressful things hun xx:hugs:

I would say it's possible for the pill to be causing this, sometimes funny things happen after years :flower: I would suggest seeing the GP to rule out anything else, however coming of it is just a case of stopping. There shouldn't be any probs with that - it might just take a while for your cycle to go back to normal :flower:

I was always a bit depressed on the pill, and I mostly took Microgynon. My friend also got the migraines previously mentioned. She was on it for years and it just started one day. She had them regularly for years before her doctor decided to change her pill.

I was on Microgynon for five years with no issues until I quite suddenly I lost my sex drive and also felt like I wasn't experiencing any 'extremes' of emotions - I never felt really sad but equally never really happy :shrug:

I had a couple of months when I got toncillitas and was antibiotics that interfered with the Microgynon so I had a break from it - within a couple of months I felt like a new person, I definitely felt more emotional - ups and downs - but I felt like I was experiencing life again.

I think 5 years for me was just too long without a break :flower:

Microgynon made me seriously depressed, was really paranoid and crying all the time and just wanted to lie there doing nothing. They then switched me onto the minipill which for me had no side effects !

I am on the same pill, and i been fine, you could try a month without, and see how you feel, just to rule that out, there are loads of different types of pill with different balances of hormones they give, if you talk to your doctor they can prescribe something else for you, and you can change after your weeks break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->