Could scan be wrong???

Ava Grace

Mummy to 2 boys wtt #3
Reaction score
I totally had in my head that this baby was a girl but yesterday my consultant did a scan and said "it's a boy" I was so shocked and pretty sure I could see a willy but wondering as I'm 17 weeks if it could be wrong??
I feel like such a bad mum being disappointed but just can't help and feel that way as I have always pictured myself with a girl :(

Yes they can be wrong. See if you can get another scan when you are further along.
I have two boys and I love them with all I've got and would not change them for all the girls in the world, but I was slightly sad when I was told I was having a 2nd boy. I got over that feeling pretty quickly though :) I'm really desperate for a girl this time though because it will be our last.

Honestly hon, tech was probably not wrong at 17 weeks. Sorry. Xx

Thanks both I have another scan 13th December so I will get them to confirm it then x

I doubt it at 17 weeks. A penis is fairly obvious at that stage! Congrats on your boy though!

Thanks Hun I think I just wanted one of each which I guess everyone wants. X

17 weeks is very accurate. Also, seeing boy parts is pretty foolproof. Congratulations, little boys are so cute and love their mommies so much!

Thanks yes my little boy is very loving and he says he wants a brother! :)

They can be, but it's rare. I was told at 17 weeks I was having a boy. Confirmed at 18 weeks, 24 weeks and again at 27 lol. I'd fall off the hospital bed if he came out a girl.

They can be wrong. I was told with my 2nd that I was having a Girl..this was at 17 weeks. However he was all Boy. This time round I had a gender done at about the same and was told Boy, so got thinking they may have been wrong again-but 6 scans later he is still defo a Boy.
I think its more common to hear Girl when its a Boy than the other way round.
If it was a consultant doing the scan then I would say its almost certainly a Boy you have..x

Yes it was a private consultant that said he hasn't been wrong before! Was just hoping it might have been the cord or something and not a willy but never mind! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->