Could somebody please help me with our last SA results with a view to going for IVF!

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
Hi we have our consultation at a fertility clinic (UK) at the end of this month but I'm really scared that the Dr will turn round and say that DH's SA results are so poor that even icsi will not work.

Could somebody please tell me if they know if the morphology is too low for anything to be done?

Our problem by the way as far as we know is that hubby has 100% sperm antibodies after a vasectomy reversal. I know that icsi is what is needed to bypass that problem but what concerns me is the morphology, at his first SA post op his morphology was fine at 6% normal forms and we read that 4% was considered fine for the average healthy male.

At the last SA in April however the morphology normal forms had dropped to just 2% - is this worryingly low? His over all count was 211 million and 48 million per ml, so is my logic right in thinking that 2% of 48 million or 211 million is still a really decent percent for us to be able to have icsi??

My dh has 5% morphology. We were told that above 14% is normal

Yea I have just read this as well, apparently there are two different scales for measuring it. Seems it depends ALOT upon the overall count also x

Yea I have just read this as well, apparently there are two different scales for measuring it. Seems it depends ALOT upon the overall count also x

My dh's overall count is 6 million. They say normal is above 15.
We're doing iui and we'll try that 2-3 times before moving on to ivf

My DH has low morphology ranging from 2-4% on average and one SA even showed 0%. No other issues (DH did have varicosele surgery to correct problem almost 2 years ago) and we were told we were perfect candidates for ICSI. First fresh ivf resulted in 10 of 17 eggs being fertilized, one being transferd 5 days later resulting in a BFP that ended in an early miscarriage. First FET was one week ago and I am pregnant again :) So anything is possible! Keep us updated!

Wannabemom thank you so much for that and huge congratulations ☺️☺️☺️☺️ Xxx

My husband also has low counts/motility/morphology. I know his counts were 11 mill but I can't remember the exact morphology though they must have been low because we've been trying for 2 years with no BFP!

We are starting our first ICSI cycle in a couple of weeks time and he was fine to go ahead and do it.

I'm sure your husband will be just fine, sending you good luck xx

For our second round of ICSI they found six sperm in my husbands sample! But one of them is now my little boy so goes to show you don't always need millions!

Our fertility nurse advised us that the best way to get quality sperm is make sure he is cleaning the pipes regularly :blush:. Every 3-4 days, never let it build up. We just has our best SA in the last 3 years, he has always been good with taking his conception pills, being healthy and avoiding alcohol etc so I can only assume this has made a difference. We've gone from highest sperm count of 14 million to 95 million, poor morphology to 4 % but we still need to get the mobility a bit better, but we are using ICSI so they are not too concerned about that.

So ladies make sure he is clearing out regularly. I am sure your DH's will be very pleased with this information. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->