Could Someone Recommend a Good Carrier?

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies :) I'm after some advice :flower:

I can't really afford to spend a fortune on one, especially because I don't know how well I'll get on with it until LO is actually here. I was thinking of going for something like this:

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8609920511042960.jpg

But have heard that they aren't always that good. I'm a bit worried about using a wrap style one, or sling style one, because I'm worried that without actual buckles and stuff I might do it wrong so it's not secure enough/safe enough.

I only really want to spend £30 max, incase it doesn't get used. If I love it then might then consider splashing out on more.

Thanks in advance :)
xx

Can you go to a SlingMeet? Get a chance to try a few and see how they all work? The cloth type without buckles can actually be massively secure and easy to use, even though they're not that conventional, so it's better to find someone who can teach you to use it!

Mel

Heya if your not keen on the tying aspect but want something thats going to be infinitely more comfy for you and baby id suggest a ssc. So look out for names like connecta, dream carriers, sleepy nicos etc. You may have to pay that extra £10 for one but it will last you until your babies 3ish, whereas one like you pictured may last upto 6 months if your lucky, will put excessive strain on your back, and babies pelvis.

I dont want to seem like a killjoy, lots of people get on fab with those sort of carriers but having had one and then tries a ssc ( soft structured carrier ) id never go back theyre very very fab !

www.naturalmamas.co.uk has a second hand section where you can buy carriers for a fraction of their normal price so if you dont get on with it you can always sell it on and try another one :)

I have a BabaSling, which has buckles that you don't ever need to touch! You can make all the adjustments to the straps with it all buckled up. It feels very secure. They cost about £40.

We got a carrier like the one you pictured as well (off freecycle) and I never used it, it just didn't appeal to me personally.

I haven't got on with it that well though tbh and it's not great now that Jack is that bit bigger and heavier. So I am now looking to splash out more on a mei tai or similar. I still feel that sling style carriers are great for little newborns, as they lie in a cradle hold and are all tucked and and cosy :cloud9:

katy ive got one of them carriers, along with a mei tai, a woven wrap and a stretchy wrap, youre more than welcome to have a try of them and see if you like them before u splash out on one

x

katy ive got one of them carriers, along with a mei tai, a woven wrap and a stretchy wrap, youre more than welcome to have a try of them and see if you like them before u splash out on one

x

Aww thanks hun. That would be good actually, will have to try and arrange something :) xx

just let me know babes cos im always available now ive left uni haha

x

Cool :) I will do. I'm also free whenever really, just a case of finding a day where I'm not puking too much :dohh: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->