Could this be AF starting again?ADVICE NEEDED please

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
i finished my bcp at the end of march then had my normal withdrawal af that month.had nothing in april-dh and i had a bit of an oopsie in april and thought i might be pregnant,bought tests but didnt use them as AF showed up last mon(2nd may) and finished last fri(7th May).

went to the loo today and there was some blood on my underwear,am still bleeding,not too heavy and my stomach is a wee bit crampy(not as bad as i would normally get)and blood is a browny colour.sorry if tmi.

was just wondering if any other ladies have experienced this and is it normal.surely this couldnt be another cycle starting after only 3 days??my last cycle(march -may)was 38 days.please help as am bit worried.

After coming off BCP your hormones can be a bit messed up. I came off BCP in January and my AF is all over the place. You'll read a lot on here about peoples AF just going away for months after stopping BCP but I've experienced the opposite like you and my AF's are really close together.

The doctors have run a few checks for infection and everything is clear so they just say be patient and it will sort itself out! It is frustrating though, just think that your body needs to get back into its own rhythm and this can take a few months. If it doesn't settle it may be a good idea to check it out with your GP.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Heli but am the opposite of both of you. I came off BCP in January, had my withdrawal bleed in February, normal af on March 20th and nothing since. I am visiting the Dr next month so hopefully it will get sorted.

It could be another af for you or some midcycle bleeding. If you are concerned I would reccommend visiting your GP x

I agree with the above :hugs: visit your GP if you're worried honey xx

I have to agree with the others. After coming of BCP your cycles can be all over the place. Give it a few more months to straighten out. If you still find it's out of whack, go see your doctor.

I agree with Heli but am the opposite of both of you. I came off BCP in January, had my withdrawal bleed in February, normal af on March 20th and nothing since. I am visiting the Dr next month so hopefully it will get sorted.

It could be another af for you or some midcycle bleeding. If you are concerned I would reccommend visiting your GP x

dont mean to sound silly but how do i know if its another af or midcycle bleeding.does midcycle bleeding not last as long?its so frustrating not knowing whats going on.:growlmad:

It depends how long it lasts. If its 4-5 days i would say af. If its just 1 or 2 i would say mid cycle bleeding. It will just be your hormones regulating after the BCP.

xx

well my worrying seems to have been for nothing-the bleeding was gone by the next day.thanks for all the advice ladies.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->