Could this be appendicitis?

Reaction score
On the 9th January I had to pick my son up from school as he was doubled over in pain with his stomach, by the time I got to him and got him home the pain had subsided and he was fine.

This morning we were just about to leave the house and he was doubled over, holding his stomach and saying he was getting pain to the right and in his shoulder, within 5 mins he was sick and couldn’t even sit down for the pain was so bad. I ended up taking him straight to a&e and by the time he was seen again the pain and subsided and after an hour it was like nothing had ever happened. Doctor suspected he was abit colicky, even though he’s 7!

Could this be appendicitis or something else? Taking him to my own doctor next week for a blood check to rule out any kidney or liver issues

They can have a grumbling appendix which comes and goes.. otherwise could be gallbladder/gallstones, or even kidney stones (though I expect he would be more ill). But could well be gallstones although he is very young for them but that is what used to happen when my mum had a gallbladder attack xx

They can have a grumbling appendix which comes and goes.. otherwise could be gallbladder/gallstones, or even kidney stones (though I expect he would be more ill). But could well be gallstones although he is very young for them but that is what used to happen when my mum had a gallbladder attack xx

I’d had a little google and it mentioned something about grumbling appendix, also thought he would be too young for gallstones. Maybe just had to wait and see if it happens again and see if the blood test shows anything up.

Yes wait and see what they show. If gallstones it's pretty easy to see on a scan, they do come and go like that though if one gets stuck and then it's gone again. But wait and see what doc says x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->