Could use feedback...OPK/HPT

ProfWife

Mommy to Anne
Reaction score
Okay...

I've heard that OPKs can double as HPTs if there is enough hormone in the blood due to how similar the two hormones appear and affect the dye agents.

So, on a whim (because I don't want to face a BFP at only 9 DPO - I figured it was WAY too early to test) I used a Clearblue Easy Digital OPK. I had one left over from this cycle so I figured, "What the heck? Couldn't hurt, right?"

I got a smiley.

My chart very CLEARLY shows I ovulated. I have 0 EWCM. It's been somewhat creamy for the last 4 days or so. Cervix is med-high, medium texture and closed-ish (mostly closed).

What do you ladies think? Is it possible I could have some weird fluke of a test or is it possible that a BFP is on the way?

Thoughts?

I don't have a chart to show but I am in the same boat!
I got a smiley face OPK on jan 1 and then out of curiosity I took a cheap OPK and got POS...what the heck? I'm thinking maybe I didnt' really O but geared up for it?!

good luck prowife its looking very good for u :happydance:
i would defo use a hpt but i would wait a few days just to confirm if u are worried about getting a bfp.
by the way ur charts look great :flower:

Thanks.

Stephy - if there is a sustained shift, it can't be a geared up and then didn't ovulate. I have had that before, several times, but it never results in a sustained shift until progesterone takes over. So I know I ovulated already...

I think I'm going to get a FRER tonight and do it in the am as the others I have won't be close to accurate until the 15th.

Yes! I've gotten positive opks and then positive hpts! The hormone that opks detect are very close to hcg hormone so they can pick it up!
I hope this is a good sign for you both and you get your bfps!!!!
Check out peeonastick.com it explains why opks work as hpts :)
Good luck!!

Not since a negative at 9 or 10 dpo. I'm going to wait unt Wednesday to test again if AF doesn't show up.

ok..so cd 38 here for me..usually a 28 day girl..came off BCP september 2012, so i understand my cycles are probably messed up due to that...but getting frustrated..had some opk's in the cupboard (don't use them due to my work schedule..and even when i did there was no line or very faint lines--interesting..) what do you think? anyone have this experience and end up pregs or other answers??

0118132326 (2).jpg

I can't speak for sure in your case, but for me opk's is what gave my pregnancy away. I had a bunch of cheapies from ebay and the 5-6 days leading up to when I was to expect my period they remained positive at all times of the day and then the day before when I was expecting AF i tested with FRER and got a bfp.

negative hpt..still in limbo..took a cb opk and that was negative too..urg!

Best if luck over the next week!
I was trying to work out, if you felt it was too early to get a bfp or felt slightly unready why you decided to take the OPK? What were you looking for? Was it for curiosity's sake only? On that, I've seen a post elsewhere from a pregnant lady who posted her OPK result, which was a line test and definitely positive so looks like they could double up! However, an hpt I really the only way to go. Hope you get the bfp!
X

43 days..hpt was neg...remain in limbo....:(..md wants to induce a period..:/

Hi michaelap, not that I'm an expert (haven't been doing this long) but have you had a blood test and ultrasound to rule out pregnancy? I know a lot of people are just late, for whatever reasons - but I've read countless stories of women having their periods induced 'cos they've had neg hpts etc, and that's then caused a miscarrige :-/ I don't want to give you false hope, but I'm just pointing it out (not that I know your situation at all)

I've been off bcp since Oct, had a withdrawl bleed, no AF so far, 97 days since withdrawl bleed at the mo, I've had bloods done (waiting for results) and I'm going to have an ultrasound (waiting for appointment) I know its rare, but my doctor wants to rule out pregnancy/cysts/any sort of problem, before doing anything to help.

Stranger things have happened!! Xx

Hi michaelap, not that I'm an expert (haven't been doing this long) but have you had a blood test and ultrasound to rule out pregnancy? I know a lot of people are just late, for whatever reasons - but I've read countless stories of women having their periods induced 'cos they've had neg hpts etc, and that's then caused a miscarrige :-/ I don't want to give you false hope, but I'm just pointing it out (not that I know your situation at all)

I've been off bcp since Oct, had a withdrawl bleed, no AF so far, 97 days since withdrawl bleed at the mo, I've had bloods done (waiting for results) and I'm going to have an ultrasound (waiting for appointment) I know its rare, but my doctor wants to rule out pregnancy/cysts/any sort of problem, before doing anything to help.

Stranger things have happened!! Xx

i didn't ask for bloods or an u/s...have worked maternity for 7 years now and seen exactly what you are talking about (slow rising hcg levels and such)..i think they called it right for me being weird after stopping bcp...last provera pill is tmw, and hoping for a period and just moving on...some orange mucus yesterday, so hoping something will start..keep me updated on your progress..hope your stuff comes back normal and they are able to set your body straight :)

I hope you do get af soon :) and me too!! Look at my rubbish chart lol

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/417fed//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I've just started temping. So I hope to see my body working itself out :-/ we'll see!!! Blood test results should be back later this week! Xx

Talked to my doc...it's highly likely I'm about to get ruled as having PCOS. That would account for this past month's weirdness and for several other months when I have surged without ovulation only to surge again later and ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->