couldnt make ANOTHER appointment cos of this snow *update - MIDWIFE GONE HOME! WTF! *

I ended up calling the drs surgery again and was in tears so much i couldnt speak lol once i had explained everything that had happened this morning.
they are gonna try and get someone out to me tomorrow and also arranged for someone to deliver my antibiotics! So i have had a dose and will stay up as late as possible to get the next two doses in today!

thanks guys for all your help.
xxxxx

I'm sorry you're having such a horrible time Mrs Q. It sounds as though you're getting some useless treatment!

I would also ask for a visit from the GP. After all, they are part of ante-natal care too. At least having your bp checked will hopefully put your mind at rest.

As for the ambulance charging thing - I'd ring them anyway. If your in established labour, snowed in and can't get to the hospital it's an emergency! I'd be staggered if they actually charged you in that situation - it wouldn't be worth the bad publicity.

I hope you're feeling a little more cheerful now - big hugs to you xx

Glad you got sorted, shame they have to wait until people get upset and can't just get it right in the first place but I guess that's life sometimes.

Hope the antibiotics help and everything is ok when you do get checked out x

thanks guys.
Your all brilliant and really helped me through today!
xxx

God, you've had an awful day, i'm so so sorry :hugs: Your MW needs to get her act together I reckon, treating a close-to-labour pregnant woman like that is disgraceful. I'd say get through the next few weeks, once bubs is here, and then definately put in a complaint to the surgery because this experience has clearly been distressing for you, which is unacceptable :growlmad:
Hope tomorrow is much better for you. Have a good night sleep hun and take care. xx

Amazing how different it must be from one end of a country to the other...
my community midwife comes out to see me twice a week, the GP is out once a week and the nurse once a week. My community midwife came out through almost 5 inches of snow to see me on Monday and my GP was here today in even worse conditions, he had to walk a mile to get to me but he did it!
Re the ambulance, I was told by three different sources that because we cant get our car out in the snow and ice if I went into labour before 37 weeks I MUST call an ambulance and it WOULD be considered an emergency (though perhaps thats a rare case because of potential complications with my health...though I cant see them being any worse than someone with preeclampsia etc)
I have the numbers for the local delivery suite, lead miwife/bleeper holder, two community midwives, the local homebirth coordinator and another main number I cant remember exactly what it is...my midwife is avaliable on her mobile phone 24 hours a day 365 days a year...her name and mobile number are printed into my maternity notes...maybe you should check yours.

Id reccomend you call your GP surgery again tomorrow, if you have a BP problem you dont need a midwife for it, an on call Dr would be just as good to check it and as you say the surgery is on your road so considering the circumstances there is no way they would refuse to come out.

Just seen this post ... hope you're feeling better now since someone is coming out to see you tomorrow :hugs:

xxx

I am really surprised they wont come out. I could understand if you were earlier in pregnancy and had no complications but nearly 39 weeks with high bp means you need your checkups. My mw have said they would do call outs even if i just needed to ask questions.

cant u have ur bp checked by ur practise nurse at gp clinic if thats closer?

I had to miss an important app today also to have my bloods checked due to not being able to get the car out and i was supposed to be getting checked to be induced too... but im relieved as id rather get xmas out the way and snow out the way as oh wouldnt beable to drive up to hospital to be with us, aor collect us. so maybe its a good thing.

if ur worried about ur bp get emergency doc to visit uf ur docs isnt close enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->