Couldn't tell "assumed" a girl

M

MamaLoCo

I finally had my 20 week ultrasound today - a day that I've been waiting for in anticipation all month. This month felt like three months. I've been looking forward to this day for so long...I thought that finding out the sex would finally trigger the reality that this pregnancy is real.
The ultrasound technician couldn't determine what the sex was and gave up. He said he's pretty sure it's a girl since he couldn't tell. What?!

Everybody has been talking about it being a boy. My husband has been referring to it as a boy. All the gender predictions I did indicated a boy. I told people to stop talking about it because I didn't want to get used to the boy idea and then be disappointed if it was a girl. I guess that didn't work though. I started expecting it to be a boy so now I just can't accept the "well, it's probably a girl" just because the legs were too close together to see anything. If the legs are closed and you can't see anything...that doesn't mean it's a girl, it means you have no idea!

I thought I was going to be excited today but now I just can't stop crying because I'm so disappointed. I don't even know if I'm disappointed because they *think* it's a girl or because I waited all this time just to find out and got NOTHING except an assumption. I think if I reeeally wanted it to be a girl, I would've accepted it I have been waiting for this day to actually buy something for my baby and to start seriously thinking about names and to start feeling like it's a real human now but I'm just upset.

Ah I can imagine how frustrated you must feel! If the baby's legs were closed/crossed and the tech couldn't really tell then I would still feel I belonged team yellow and wouldn't assume either way. Is booking another scan an option, maybe a 3D one? X

Yes, I did a private scan today. I had some orange juice beforehand and she had her legs wide open, dancing around for us the whole time.
I'm not upset, I think I was just more disappointed about not knowing for sure.
I was worried that I would be disappointed about not having a boy but when we found out, I wasn't disappointed at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->