Council Property Query

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Can anyone help me?

I have applied to the council back in England (where I am moving to over the next month) for a property and I have been placed in a 'band'.

Can anyone tell me how I find out which band I am in? I have sent them an e-mail but not hopeful for a speedy response.

The council is under TeesValley if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Log onto your home choice website, mine tells me what band im in and the reason im in that bad,

If it helps im in band C for lacking one bedroom.

I was in band C before that for 'shared facilities'

Ive been on the list over a year and still living at home! x

heres mine, see it says at the side.. do you mind asking what you circumstances are/will be could get an idea as to what you'd be in xx

Attachments

• housin.jpg
    housin.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 30
I've found it, checked the letter. Lol. :dohh:

I'm moving from Belfast back to England to be closer to family when Little Man arrives. No support network here and hubby works very long hours. :(

Hope it goes well, what band are you in xx

4. :(

Hopefully it won't take too long. I'm staying with my sister, he new hubby (married less than two weeks ago) and their daughter now that I'm back in England but hubby is still in Ireland. It's a nice house but it's cramped and there is no room for hubby and baby. I've only come over now because I won't be able to fly after the 17th and I can try and find somewhere quicker here. Hubby is coming back (along with our stuff) the first week in September, really need to be quick.

hope you get somewhere. im in band c - overcrowded. in a 3 bed with my little boy and me in 1 room, my nan in the other and the 3rd room is her office. so its excluded as she works from home so cant quit her job to give my son a room if that makes sense. OH wants me to move in with him at his mums as they have a 5 bed. but no way can I live with bloody mil! lol!!

im bidding most weeks but only getting between places 6-11 or 11-20! :( ive been on the list since may 2012 xx

I don't think band 4 is that high hun it could take years to get a property. Have you looked int private renting? x

With a lot of councils and housing associates you get put into the lowest band by default when you first apply, you then provide additional info to be reassessed and see if your priority raises and get your proper banding.
Get in contact with them and see if this is the case because when we did ours it was just down as a basic new application and once we then updated the info (even if you give all the info to begin with they often ignore that till after the initial application) so they where aware of our son, that I had spina bifida and a few other things we then got put up a band.
Make sure they are aware of the overcrowding and your husband coming other and such just to make sure your not on a basic appkication as that isn't just a case of taking years that basic application could mean you never get a place because everyone will keep overtaking you when they get their proper banding.

Thanks Ladies.

I've gone back to them with the information, took my maternity file in too so they could get a copy of the EDD so hopefully they will updated. I asked for confirmation of when this is done, haven't heard from them today so I'll call Monday.

Hope it gets sorted soon, I'm also looking into doing it privately but so far, nothing I like or worth the money. :(

Fingers crossed.

Where abouts in TeesValley are you are you looking at?

Thanks Ladies.

I've gone back to them with the information, took my maternity file in too so they could get a copy of the EDD so hopefully they will updated. I asked for confirmation of when this is done, haven't heard from them today so I'll call Monday.

Hope it gets sorted soon, I'm also looking into doing it privately but so far, nothing I like or worth the money. :(

Fingers crossed.

Just be carful, with some councils renting privately could knock you back to the lowest band or have you taken off the list all together as its sometimes classed as no longer requiring housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->