Couple of soap nut questions...

Kaites

Reaction score
We're going to be making the switch to soap nuts (finally :thumbup: ) but I have a few Qs for the soap nutters out there:

- do you take the little baggie of soap nuts out of the washer before the rinse cycle starts? (seems like you'd have to but not entirely obvious from the instructions :blush:)
- do you still do an extra rinse cycle or is it no longer necessary with soap nuts?
- has anyone tried using a soap nut solution as an insect repellent? And if so, was it effective? I read online that it can be used as an insect repellent :shrug:

TIA :flower:

I don't do an extra rinse cycle, I can't imagine it'd be necessary with soap nuts anyway as there's no detergent build up. Not sure about the insect repellant thing but I'd be interested to know!

- do you take the little baggie of soap nuts out of the washer before the rinse cycle starts? (seems like you'd have to but not entirely obvious from the instructions :blush:)

No i leave the soapnuts in for the entire wash.

- do you still do an extra rinse cycle or is it no longer necessary with soap nuts?
It's not as neccesary as there is no deteregnet build up. When we do a wash we do a rinse cycle first with just water and then do a regular wash with the soapnuts, i find that way then the first rinse cycle washes out anything yakky, ammonia etc

- has anyone tried using a soap nut solution as an insect repellent? And if so, was it effective? I read online that it can be used as an insect repellent :shrug:

I don't know about this i'm sorry. Would be handy to know. Not sure they would be strong enough though tbh?

I have a nut question too...

I like my clothes to smell freshly washed, but I haaate the smell of lavender. What other oils could I use? (I was told the other day not to use fabric conditioner cos it will kill the nuts)

i think any tbh. Just go to any kind of shop that may sell that type of thing. We use tea tree and that comes out quite nice. I think someone said they were using grapefruit? You might want to becareful and check what you can use during pregnancy though :flower:

i think any tbh. Just go to any kind of shop that may sell that type of thing. We use tea tree and that comes out quite nice. I think someone said they were using grapefruit? You might want to becareful and check what you can use during pregnancy though :flower:

yep WSS; u can use any essential oil but some are not recommended during pregnancy so have a google first

Righty... i'm going to holland and barrett in the morning :)

Mmmm i need some more smelly to put in my washing...

Thanks for the replies :) I've never been so excited to do laundry... pee more Emma- mama wants to do some laundry! :haha:

jetters, theres only about 5 eos you can use safely during pregnancy, i think another one is mandarin? i cant remember the others, i watched a video once that listed them all but all i can remember are lavender and mandarin, the others were proper random ones id never even heard of lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->