Covid in the first trimester. Feeling so scared

Laurabub84

Reaction score
I’m 10 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling poorly today. It’s just gotten worse. My symptoms are body aches. I can’t get warm and my morning sickness is unbearable. I tested for peace of mind and it’s come up with a strong positive. The whole house has it apart from dh but I can see a faint line on his so I’m guessing he’s either starting to get it or he’s had it and it’s going. I’m absolutely terrified now about what this means for the baby. It’s too late in the evening to be able to call for advice and when I googled the info is conflicting. Some sites say it increases your risk of miscarriage and some say it doesn’t. I had my two jabs and booster but the booster was back in December so practically a year ago. When I spoke to the midwife she said have my 12 week scan and then book for it. Please has anyone got experience with having covid in the first trimester? Was your baby ok?

Sorry your
Sick hon does sound like covid. I read it can cause miscarriage but I think that would be more in the really early early weeks like 3 to 5 weeks but I don’t know for sure.
Sorry love hope u feel well soon. I’m sure all will be fine but I can understand your worry

Make sure you take paracetamol love to keep your temp down and aches at bay.
I really do believe everything will be ok and baby will be fine,

hope your getting plenty of rest. Just try and drink as much as you can do you don’t get dehydrated.

wish Covid would just do one tbh

I do too. I absolutely hate this virus. I haven’t been able to shift the feeling that something will go wrong with this pregnancy right from the start. It’s always taken me a year+ to conceive so because this happened so fast it’s just felt too good to be true. I’ve been around my brother and sil and today is her due date. I feel racked with guilt that they now might catch this. She was two week late with her first and it looks like she’ll be over due again this time. I read covid can cause still birth so I’m absolutely terrified to have passed it to her. She has had her covid jabs so I can only hope they will keep her and baby protected. Like you I just wish this virus would go away for good. I was quite disgusted with my two younger girls primary school this morning. They basically told me off for testing and said that if the girls don’t have a temp they can go in. I told them there’s no way I’m sending any of them to school knowingly passing this around. There are still people at risk from this and with how poorly I feel I wouldn’t want to be the one to pass this on to somebody else. I know we have to learn to live with it but I still don’t want to be responsible for spreading it. Besides we have tests here and I was scared so did one for peace of mind. Obviously I was right to. Everyone of us has it apart from dh.

I hope you're feeling better soon hun. Get plenty of rest if you can and stay hydrated :hugs:

No your doing the right thing. When I had it in July I stayed In my bedroom away from everyone else.

I’m sure your sil will be ok hon.
Seen a lot of women have covid later In pregnancy on here and they all had healthy babies.

I had COVID in my last pregnancy around 6 weeks found out when I ended up in the ER for dehydration thought it was just morning sickness. It took a few weeks for me to feel better but my little one is fine, a happy and healthy 6 month old now. Hope you feel better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->