cow and gate follow on

smam

Reaction score
Evening ladies, hoppe your all good :flower:

My little man is turning 6 months on wednesday. At the mo he's on C&G comfort and the HV is pressurising me into changing him onto follow on...... He is fully weaned and has 4 7oz bottles a day, pretty much always sttn so I am loathe to change him as we have had terrible contispation, colic and reflux in the past which have all seemed to have settled down apart from the reflux which is still present but not as often.

I suppose what I am asking is have any of you ladies moved from comfort to follow on or have used C&G follow on? My daughter was terrible on follow on so she stayed on SMA gold until 11 months then to cows milk so this is completely new territory for me

thanks ladies

If he is happy on it, and he still has a bit of reflux, I would keep him on it. We swopped from comfort to follow on at 6 months but only because Jessica had been on it from 2 weeks old and I wanted her to come off it (she didnt have reflux but did struggle with wind) but that subsided really quickly as soon as we put her on comfort. I dont know anything about reflux but could it be that weaning helped with that and not the comfort milk now shes getting older? I dont know, only second guessing here.

I only kept her on comfort as she seemed happy on it, but by 6 months, her troubles had gone, hence the change. Its up to you, dont feel pressured by any HV, its your baby hun x

I've just tried changing Ava from SMA Gold to SMA Follow On and she point blank refused to drink it lol, what about putting him on first milk if you want him to come off comfort? Are they only supposed to have comfort til 6 months?

My HV's are against follow on milk they advise first milk to 1 year then full fat cows milk. As long as our LO's have a healthy balanced diet then theres no need to change x

He's dreadful on first milk tbh. Pain, constipated and reflux gets even worse.. have tried all of them even the cartons. They can stay on comfort for up to the year but now he's been weaned the HV wants him on follow on.

Nessicle, both my sister and daughter hated the SMA follow on, their poohs turned black and they were sooo uncomfortable :( its horrible.The HV wanted him off comfort at 4 months and I tried C&G first in cartons but it didn't agree with him!

Comfort is fine until 1 year, is your HV working for cow and gate or sommat? :D My second youngest had comfort until 1 year as no other formula would agree with him xx

lol you'd think these hv's and midwives were sponsored the way some of them rave about certain formulas! Aptamil is always raved about - makes Ava so sick and she's starving all the time on it lol!

SMA doesnt suit a lot of babies Ava still gets constipated but its better for her reflux issues and I always add some prune juice to her porridge - it doesnt contain any fibre I think thats why it causes constipation but I might be wrong.

If he's happy on comfort I'd leave him. My HV told me to start replacing Ava's milk feeds with finger foods.....hmmm lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->