Cows Milk Intolerance- Almond Milk as Alternative?

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
My daughter will be one next week (OMG!) She has been exclusively breastfed. A cows milk intolerance was diagnosed at 12 weeks due to blood in her stools. I was strictly dairy free for a WHILE, and now I just avoid the big guys like cheese, yogurt, cows milk, etc. but am not as strict as I was.

I have not tried to give her any dairy yet (she did have a little ice cream taste on vacation tho).

I still plan on breastfeeding until she is two however my freezer stock has been taking a hit and I am down to about 8 bottles maybe? We have two weekend long weddings coming up (after she is a year) where I will need milk.

I would like to introduce another milk starting at 1 year ONLY to have the freedom from pumping for the occasional instances where I am not able to be with her (so I'm not stressing over pumped milk, etc.). So any milk I give will be in complement with BM and will be mixed with BM for as long as my stock lasts.

The thing is- there seems to be NO perfect milk alternative out there. Almond does not have great nutrition, coconut contains carogeen (sp?), soy has too much estrogen, goats milk is similar to cow and not that regulated (scary)- what's a mother to do?!

My question is if the almond milk is not the main milk do you think it will be okay?

Yes. My 20 month old dd has been drinking almond milk since she was a year old. Once in awhile soy, coconut and flax milk can be given. I think that you are worrying too much about nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->