Cows milk protein allergy, Pepti Fomula and weaning advice!

itchycoo

Reaction score
My LO is on medication for silent reflux which he has suffered with since birth, and 10 weeks he was diagnosed as being allergic to the protien in cows milk and put onto pepti milk... he's like a new baby for the first time ever he is sleeping more than 3 hours (10 hours last night)
We are going to see the dietician at the hospital next week (he'll be almost 14 weeks) and the pead had recommended weaning from 16 weeks as she feel its will help with the reflux.
Im just wondering what to expect from the dietician, has anyones LO has the CMP allergy and what was weaning like? What did you have to look out for or avoid? Just curious I suppose!

My LO has both a milk protein & soy protein intolerance, so she's on a hypoallergenic formula. She also has reflux & is on medication for that. When we started weaning, I made sure to read every label. She started on organic brown rice cereal since one of the big name company's here in the US adds soy to their rice cereal. Even the teething biscuits can contain soy or milk. I'm not sure if she'd have a reaction or not but I'm just avoiding them for now. When she turns 10 months or so I'll probably try a little cheese here or there & see how she reacts.
She never reacted to any veggies but I did notice she refluxed more when I started apples & pears. I think it was due to having that same fruit for 3 days.
I really don't have to do anything out of the ordinary for my LO. I just read the labels.
Oh & my LO's reflux is much better now that she has solids. I may have the doctor drop her nighttime dose as I don't think she needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->