• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

cracked and bleeding nipples

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
fourth bf child and have always initially suffered with this but it seems worse than normal.........

any tips to pass this by - one week old baby so is it too early to express?

Definitely get some lansinoh nipple cream and apply after every feed. The ideal for expressing is to wait until your milk is fully established at 6-8 weeks.

I always put a warm wet cloth in the microwave and then put it on my nipples....for some reason cold felt worse and the warmth made it so much better and even relaxed me a lot in between feeds!

You can express but when I was it caused a lot of issues like oversupply cause if your pumping and demand feeding your body makes too much extra milk so I stopped and now I only pump occasionally if she'll be needing a bottle.

Nipple shields saved me from giving up for the exact reason xx

I second nipple shields, I'm almost ready to wean off them as I've healed and toughened up a bit now x

nipple shield is working for one side -but other is just so sore and bleeding too much gonna try and rest for 24 hours and express some off....................so hope this passes

Express off the sorest side. You could always start a feed with the shield when the such is at its strongest. Trying airing your nips a bit. I was also advised to do the "biological nurturing"/laid back technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->