Cracked Nipple? Sorry TMI :P

HarlaHorse

Reaction score
I've heard you can get cracked nipples when breastfeeding, I'm only 17 weeks so I'm definitly not breastfeeding yet. But I notice one of my nipples was friggen sore! I had a look and it's really dry and cracked, I've been moisturising it, seems to be working really slowly though. Sorry if TMI. :haha: Advice? anyone?

I have no advise unfortunately but I was wondering the same thing when I got out of the shower this morning! No matter how much lotion I use, it does no good!

Mine have been kind of dry too. I just use lotion on them. They haven't been dry the last week.

Makes me feel better that some of yous are going through the same thing haha, it sucks though doesn't it?

Not a teen here, just popping in to see if this may help. I'm not sure if you can get it in the UK, but there is a special "nipple cream" if you will that will help. It's called lanolin. The most used brand is by lansinoh. It's thick and yellowish and will help your nipples recover both now and after you start nursing/pumping and is also safe for baby. Be sure to use some breast pads in your bra though so it doesn't get all over the inside. Regular lotion is not good and will make it harder to get used to breastfeeding (if that's what you plan on doing) due to "soft" nipples. You don't want them soft, trust me. Hope that helps a bit.

Not a teen here, just popping in to see if this may help. I'm not sure if you can get it in the UK, but there is a special "nipple cream" if you will that will help. It's called lanolin. The most used brand is by lansinoh. It's thick and yellowish and will help your nipples recover both now and after you start nursing/pumping and is also safe for baby. Be sure to use some breast pads in your bra though so it doesn't get all over the inside. Regular lotion is not good and will make it harder to get used to breastfeeding (if that's what you plan on doing) due to "soft" nipples. You don't want them soft, trust me. Hope that helps a bit.

Wow thankyou, I'm from Australia so would they sell it here? If they don't maybe I should just ask at the chemist and they'll probably have something that'll work or that's simular.

Yeah it does Skye.. It hurt me!!!!!

It's only one of mine though. My boobs have been non stop growing and hurt so bad, and then to top it off I have a sore nipple too. :dohh:

Yes my nipples have been cracking for a few weeks as-well! Try a Nipple Cream like Lansinoh or perhaps a local one found in your pharmacy/chemist!!

Try some nipple cream, hon. Should clear right up! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->