cradle crap

gingerclaire

Reaction score
Hi Ladies
Please help me its my 1st baby and he has cradle crap, iv been putting baby oil on his scalp some of the flakes have fallen off but it seems red, I hadnt touch it apart from putting the oil on gently, any ideas what I can do to help it/get rid of it, thanks xxxxxxxxxx

Baby oil worked for us or they also suggest olive oil and I used a fine baby comb to brush away the flakes.

Apparently dentinox do a shampoo for cradle cap...we're just waiting for LO to get it...

I used baby oil and a soft toothbrush to scrub them away gently. Did small amounts of brushing at a time so I didn't irritate the skin. It took about 4 rounds of this to get tid of it

Dentinox cradle cap shampoo is rubbish. it didn't work at all, used it for weeks also tried olive oil that helped but the only thing that cleared it up completely was coconut oil... it's amazing stuff! for all sorts too :thumbup:
Rub it on leave it for half an hour brush it out with baby brush then bath time wash hair as normal.. it took about 3 applications and cleared completely and not come back x

Ur not suppose to touch it! lol. Thats wht ive always been told. I have stopped shampooing los hair (unless its really bad) and just use water, gently. Let it come off naturally, it needs time to heal and get oils back x

u can gently put oil on though if u want, olive oil
x

I was told to apply olive oil an hour before bathtime and then in the bath use a soft toothbrush to rub gently in circles. Worked for us in one go :flower:

Dd hasn't got it yet but when the boys got it I put baby oil on left it over night, next morning brushed hair with soft baby brush brushing backwards iykwim then wash always got rid of it.

I used the little me organics hair and body wash on it a couple of times; left it on for a few minutes then rubbed it off, after this it didn't return. Now the only product I use on LO is genuine syrian olive oil and bay leaf soap, its incredibly gentle and moisturising with no artificial perfumes or detergents added (many 'soaps' these days contain strong detergents like you'd find in washing powder etc!), I just wash his hair and body with a smidge of that and he doesn't need any moisturiser or anything else xx

I use dentinox shampoo but the one thing that really helped was a cradle cap cream from boots put it on 2 hours before bath x

we have been prescribed a cream for Ellies I pick it up tomorrow, nothing we have tried has helped her wee head and she is now scratching it which she then picks it off and it bleeds xx

We tried everything as LO had this from about 6 wks. The Dentinox just seemed to irritate her scalp. The best thing we got was from a website called Pure Baby, its an oil you put it on about 30 mins to an hr before the bath and just before the bath you gently brush off the flakes backwards and forwards. Then wash it off in bath. I daresay Olive Oil would work much the same. It seems to have cleared up totally now. I think she has outgrown it thank goodness, I just sometimes put baby oil on her head in the morning to keep it moisturised. Hope you get something to help soon

xx

We were told to put baby oil on her head for 30 minutes to an hour 3 times a week before bath time. It wasn't working very well so I put some on it and the next day I GENTLY picked it with a baby brush. Worked like a charm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->