• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cramping and Feeling of something kicking/poking from inside

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Hi I am currently breastfeeding my baby and just a few days ago started to give him 2 5 oz bottles a day. The reason I decided to introduce formula is because he is gaining weight slowly. For the past month or so I have been having period cramps on and off, and cramping on the right side of my pelvic area. I am 6 months postpartum and my period still hasnt returned. Sometimes I feel an occasional jab or "kick" (not painful) in my lower tummy, my pelvis area. I am not on any bc pills right now, so I guess we are ntnp. Its hard to tell if I am pregnant or not because my period hasnt returned, so whenever I get symptoms I have to go out and buy a pregnancy test. I was just wondering if anyone of you ladies has experienced similar symptoms while you were/are breastfeeding. I dont have health insurance at the moment so if its a normal thing, then I guess I'll just leave it as it is. Guess I'll go and buy another pregnancy test in a minute.

I don't have any advice but I get this too. I am 3 months pp and definitely not pregnant!

I've heard of PP phantom kicks before and I have them. I had them a lot from 0-6 weeks PP (couple times a day) and now only get them once or twice a week. The nurses on the maternity ward at my delivery hospital are the ones who told me about them, actually. I'd never heard of them before that.

I have no idea what causes them, but it feels like genuine baby kicks. I know I'm not pregnant, but I'd definitely recommend that you keep doing tests if there's a chance that you could be :)

I read about phantom kicks the other day and am pretty sure I am getting them, it's bizarre!

Thanks ladies, whenever I get those "kicks" I think to myself "is there a baby in there?" but its not possible because even if I were pregnant I dont think I'd be far along enough to actually get kicked. Those "kicks" sure brings back nostalgia of being pregnant though.

I get them as well and i'm 4 months pp. i used to get them more before and also thought even if i were pregnant i wont be far enough along to feel kicks.. hehe, its a funny feeling but sure its a normal thing since so many experience this

I got phantom kicks for a while. It'd make me think wait what!? :baby: but I do miss it!!

I don't want to alarm you at all but I know two ladies who had this problem constantly and it was found in both cases to be caused by large ovarian cysts, they were so large that they caused a sensation of baby movement and kicking. It's a remote possibility but if at all possible it may be worth getting a scan or at the very least an exam by a doctor who knows what to feel for xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->