cramping/discomfort

tcinks

Reaction score
So I remember having cramping early in my previous pregnancy, so I know it can be normal. But I don't remember the intensity or frequency. I've had slight cramping the past few days but today it got stronger. Not like doubled over in pain, but even to tense up a bit. It comes and goes. And then like some random pain if I stand up or sit down too fast.

Anyone else have similar experiences? This seems like it's okay, right? I'm 4 weeks.

I would say its completely normal. I had some weird cramping & some sharp pokey pains when I was 5-6 weeks. they never hurt they just got my attention & of course made me worry (this is my first pregnancy) every once n a while I will get a random cramp n my left abdomen that lasts a couple minutes. & sometimes I get pain in lower abdomen because im SO constipated. once I use the restroom it completely disappears. I know my baby is perfectly fine because I just had an internal ultrasound yesterday & baby was moving around like crazy & had a healthy heartbeat 175bpm. don't worry about the cramps.. UNLESS they get severe & or u have spotting. ur gonna be fine! im constantly worried 2 so ur not alone:)

I agree it seems to be normal to cramp xx

Seems normal but if your in a lot of pain call doctor if you want reassurance :)

I'm the exact same with cramps, they vary from length to how intense they are and where they are but been told it's completely normal

I just started getting sharp stomach pains 2 days ago. I am 12.5 weeks. I never had any cramping earlier in my pregnancy. The pains can happen as frequently as every 20-30 seconds, or as infrequently as every other hour. They sometimes even wake me up. It's a sharp stabbing type pain, not a dull ache. More sharp than period cramps, but also much shorter (the pain does not linger). No bleeding, but I'm still going to try and get in with my OB first thing tomorrow if they can get me in. I'm not doubled over in pain or anything like that, but they definitely get my attention. Is that similar to the "cramps/pain" that others have experienced? Or are yours more like a dull ache?

Bighouse I had one of those cramp pains last night! Woke me out of a sound sleep, but didn't repeat. I've been worried today because of it. Please let me know what your doc says- Hope your appointment goes well!

My nurse told me it's normal. I've been very crampy this pregnancy. She said that it's a combination of my uterus stretching and expanding, and the blastocyst burrowing in deeper.

When I saw my doc this week she said the sharp stabbing pains are likely round ligament pain. She said it is common for those to start at 12-13 weeks. She found a heartbeat on doppler so she said baby should be fine. I haven't had any bleeding, but she said if it gets worse or I start bleeding to give them a call.

I really wish they had done an US to make sure the placenta was attached properly, see if my cyst had ruptured, etc but she said they can't do anything about those scenarios even if they did show up.

She also thinks I have a UTI (waiting on culture to confirm, but in-house testing was positive) so she said that could be contributing to the pains as well.

My sister who is also pg has also been having cramping, and the doc said hers was from dehydration.

Thank you for posting this as I am 5 weeks pregnant and keep getting aches/pains in my lower tummy. It seems quite constant some days so of course I worry.
It seems that many of you are experiencing similar so that always makes me feel better and that it's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->