Cramping worse with third baby?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi there ladies,

Anyone on their third or more baby and notice that their early cramping was worse than previous pregnancies?

I've cramped throughout my whole TWW and now AF is due tomorrow (I'm 15dpo) I'm still constantly cramping. They're mild, just always there. I remember cramping with my last two, so I'm not overly worried, but I do feel it's worse this time around and wondered whether anyone else found that the more pregnancies they had.

I'm only on my second but the cramping was definitely worse than the first time. In fact I don't remember any cramping the first time around.

I remember reading it has something to do with "muscle memory". In subsequent pregnancies your body shifts and adjust quicker than your first, as it already knows what to do. Not to mention the fact that baby is doing some serious growing in the first Tri. It takes a lot to get from two cells to a little human xx Rest when you can and make sure you stay hydrated, as this can make cramps worse xx
Congrats :hugs:

Thanks ladies. It totally makes sense about muscle memory and the cramps are it already stretching a bit. I'm surprised at how quickly that's started (and the fact that my breasts are already bigger too - that's nuts!). It's so hard not to worry about everything, especially as I had three very early losses (lines never progressed like this before though) and we've been trying 16 months.

This is my third pregnancy and I would say the cramps are definitely worse this time. My stomach is already sticking out pretty far with bloat too. I've noticed my body definitely seems to be taking on the pregnancy shape faster.

Yes. This is my third and its been years since my second. I was very surprised by all the cramping. I don't remember that from my first two. This time it was pretty much the entire first trimester (some days worse than others) and then it's been off and on throughout the second trimester too. I'm almost 21 weeks, and just yesterday I was cramping noticeably. It's so weird.

Oh no, now I'm worried :( I have cramping but not that bad X

Katestar: Try not to worry, easier said than done I know, form what I've read, everyone has such different experiences and where with some it gets worse, with others they never feel anything. Sorry you're feeling worried :hugs:

I think so. I'm on my fourth and only 5/6 weeks but notice near constant mild cramping. I kept thinking I was getting my period but took a test after a week late and preggo.

I had 3 babies (youngest is 6) and 6 miscarriages since 2012. I felt like I was having x period for almost the first 3-4 weeks of pregnancy. It went away eventually

This is my third pregnancy and I've been incredibly crampy. Never had this with my other 2. It seems worse when I'm active, like cleaning or walking. Bending over hurts too.
I'm also extremely bloated. Baby is the size of a grain of salt but I'm looking 5 months pregnant!
The cramping is freaking me out and I'm so scared it's an ectopic but this thread is so reassuring.

I hope this is true. Had two hours of dreadful cramping at the weekend and now ongoing period pain - so fingers crossed that is all it is!

I'm only on my second pregnancy but have had awful cramps this time, which I didn't notice last time! This thread is reassuring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->