Crampy in the AM & PM

Baby4meplz

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I am just starting out and in my 5th week - I think. I have been having really bad cramps in the evening lasting through the night and into the AM. I am thinking this is normal. My 1st Dr.s appt is on Wednesday - anything I should put on my check list?

I'd just ask about the cramping - but if me and and of my pregnancy friends are anything to go by - its perfectly normal. I am cramping a lot of the time, its not bad its just a dull ache, and sometimes it gets worse.

About an hour after it gets worse, then when I realise it was gas.:blush:

i also had cramping in weeks 4 - 6. I'd just ask him about it. IT was just like period pains. I was given magnesium to help the cramps which I was told was just things stretching and changing, though I never got around to taking it.
You're right to assume it's normal, but it's worth letting your doc know anyway.

Please speak to your doctor about this cramping. It can be normal but it needs to checked by the doctor.

I presume you arent bleeding.Good luck with your appointment.
x

Yes just check with the doctor but I did have it with my first and second pregnancy and I have had it with this one. I hope you are ok:hugs:

It never hurts to get these things checked out, but it is perfectly normal too, it is the hormones effecting things and them starting to change for your journey ahead. :hugs:x

Cramping is fairly normal unless it's very servere and in just one place (like just on the left or right). If that happens you need to speak to a doctor as it can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy. If it just feels kind of like period pains and you don't have bleeding then it's most likely just stretching. I had it every day for what felt like ages and sometimes felt convinced AF was about to start but it didn't. You'll get lots more odd aches and pains over the next 9 months. Woo Hoo!!

Yup - it feels like really bad AF pains. Nothing sharp, but they were bad enough to wake me up last night. I will definitely ask about it during my appointment on Weds. Thanks Ladies!

I had cramping around 5-7 weeks which is why I took a test in the first place, its fairly normal but talk to your GP aswell if you feel that is what you want to do

I had pierod like cramps they first trimester, but they would come and go, I would usually lay down and they would go away. Hopefully it is okay make sure you tell your doctor they are lasting awhile and waking you up

How are things now hun, are you still getting them or have they calmed down? (nothing to worry about either way) x

Cramping is so normal in pregnancy its just not funny so early on you will have AF symptoms too which again are the same as PG symptoms. Pain that makes you curl in a ball or accompanied by bleeding should be checked out ASAP but other than that mentioning this to your GP or MW would do no harm but maybe bring a bit of reassurance.

Cramping doesn't end til the end really ... x

Thanks ladies. I want to the Dr today for my first OB test. I am exactly 5 weeks today we thing. She did a bladder infection test just in case as I am susceptible to those. She did not seem all that concerned, but, yes they continue and ouch!!! I never had very bad AF pain ever, so this is new to me... I am sure the first of many new feelings! I feel as if 35 weeks will take for ever. I am freaked out too because she told me that one out of every 5 pregnancies miscarry in the first trimester and there is nothing I can do about it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->